Has Anyone Ever Converted a Pop-Up to a Hard Side?

SLO_F-250

Explorer
I have never seen this. That craiglist link is very interesting but I cant help but think, "why not just buy a hardside camper?" They are a dime a dozen. It would be a lot of effort to turn a perfectly good pop-up into a hard side. Anyways, just my thoughts. Good Luck

ripperj

Explorer
Unless you already have the popup, I agree that you would be better off buying a hardside. Adding a top to the popup would be heavy and not very strong as the sides don't connect from the roof to the outs.(part that sticks out over the bed)

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
Unless you already have the popup, I agree that you would be better off buying a hardside. Adding a top to the popup would be heavy and not very strong as the sides don't connect from the roof to the outs.(part that sticks out over the bed)

Have to agree. FWC makes hardside versions of their pop ups.

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Thanks for that Craigslist link..........I like my camper and I have it set up just about like I want it......But I'm not sure I like the soft sides and the inability to stealth camp if I wanted. Plus the hassle of closing it up every time you want to go somewhere.

Might make a good winter project........

DanoT

Observer
Thanks for that Craigslist link..........I like my camper and I have it set up just about like I want it......But I'm not sure I like the soft sides and the inability to stealth camp if I wanted. Plus the hassle of closing it up every time you want to go somewhere.

Might make a good winter project........

Real stealth camping means sleeping on the lower bed with the top down. The fact that you did not know this proves its effectiveness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles