Rustoelum Neverwet pretty wild maybe ?

Kohburn

Adventurer
i've used all sorts of water repelant treatments for backpacking gear and this stuff looks really good. I'm going to have to give it a try

jet noise

Observer
Most of the reviews I see say that it dries to a frosty film. I wonder if they have the clear coat finish yet? Would be awesome on auto glass, under the vehicle, the canvas of a tent, heck even on the toilet seat! haha

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Did tehy say how long it lasts or did they not say? I too was thinking for the RTT.

DVE

It has its shortcomings, like saltwater will destroy it, and if I am not mistaken soap also. If you google the product, the backpacking light forum has great info as many others do also. There are products similar to this from KIWI and so on. 20 bucks is not bad though.

overlander

Expedition Leader
I suspect you would be trading off breathability on an RTT, which wouldn't be good for condensation.

After watching that video, I'd say this is an incredible project for protecting things in OHV's such as ECU's and sensitive electronics, as well as auto upholstery. I wonder if this would work pretty well on down and polly sleeping bags?

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
Good tents should be waterproof ?
Also think breathability might be a issue packing it have it flake etc...

Things like my fridge cover :)
My trasharoo inside outside anything I put on the back of my rig !
The SP cases
Bottoms of my tnf duffels

KF6KKM

Just picked some up at Home Depot. I took a risk and applied it to m ARB awning. There was barely enough in the cans to apply two coats (manufacturer recommends three or four). As luck would have it, it rained a couple hours after I applied it. Even with two coats, it worked as advertised and it didn't change the appearance of the canvas. Now, we'll see how long it lasts.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I saw it while at Home Depot today too. I only looked quikly but it didn't say how long it would last either.

KF6KKM

EDIT: Here's a quick 15 second video of water rolling off the awning:

photo.jpg

About 30 minutes after the final application, it was dry and slightly tacky. Here's a picture of how water behaved on the canvas. It definitely didn't absorb, and when I tilted the awning, it "rolled" off the side.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94