1996 Disco 5 Speed 4.3l Vortec engine

Should be able to be obd2 if it has the chevy ECM...

Hey guys, sorry been AWOL on this thread for a while. It still is available, I am sure the obd2 can be sorted but just haven't found the right person in Houston to do it. Also, recently took it for a test drive and noticed a front wheel wobble so I will get that fixed but keep that in mind on any offers.

brushogger

Explorer
I can't believe I've overlooked this thread! I always thought this would be a great engine swap. I would have liked to have done it on my '04 D2 when the liners slipped, but couldn't find anyone that could correctly integrate all the electronics. I would have thought the gas mileage would be higher though. My 3/4 ton work van has a 4.3 and consistently gets 15-16 mpg loaded on the highway.

Flying to Miami to pick up another car... wife is going to kick my butt... this needs to leave my driveway stat.... Will post some engine bay photos when I get back from Miami on Thursday unless she has arranged it to get stolen. She might put a flame thrower to it at some point guys. Help a brother out. Needs a good home.

DetroitDiesel

Adventurer
So it's still for sale. I saw it a few months ago and people were asking if you sold it and you never responded. I see you were working. I need to crunch some numbers but I like this a lot.

Its turn key fly and drive to Detroit right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz