JKMike's Kakadu "build" thread

JKMikey

Observer
Heater works fantastic. We had it out at easter out in BC. It was wet, and cool, and heater took all that moisture out of the air, kept us warm at night. Doesn't have to run much to heat that upper sleeping area.

I ordered it from propexcanada.com.

XPEDBC

Adventurer
We just picked up a used Bushranger 250XT down in Langley BC here and are looking at heating options among other things - you don't see too many of these around but they are pretty cool. We'll be following your thread for ideas :)

JB87

Heater works fantastic. We had it out at easter out in BC. It was wet, and cool, and heater took all that moisture out of the air, kept us warm at night. Doesn't have to run much to heat that upper sleeping area.

I ordered it from propexcanada.com.

Ok, thanks. Will check that website and might do some modding during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realgc

@JKMikey Hi! I know its been a number of years since this post has been active but Ive recently bought the Bushranger 200XT and the Propex 2800. Im of course looking to extend the use of the trailer into the shoulder months and curious if you have any thoughts about mounting the Propex unit inside the cab of the trailer. If you were to do it again would you do it different? Im thinking about building out a wood box to mount the heater to. As well I was wondering about the routing of the electrical looms. How did you route them so it made sense of using the rest of the cab without disturbing the looms. Thanks so much hope all is well!

JKMikey

Observer
Been a while since I’ve been on here. Unfortunately haven’t used the trailer as much as I’ve wanted and when we have it has been primarily summer months.

Using the heater was always fantastic. Further changes I made since the last photo was just a 2x4 frame around the heater for some minor protection. This past year, some interior cargo tore the duct right where it exits the bed of the trailer. I’m going to switch the interior duct to some hard PVC or ABS with a 90 to exit the interior. Then I don’t need to worry about interior cargo.

Wiring wise, I ran it up to the hinge side and mounted the control panel right beside the bed. It’s completely out of harms way.

If I were to do this all over again, there isn’t really anything I’d change. My setup works/worked great for us. I sold the Jeep and we just bought a larger travel trailer so...if anyone’s interested in buying...

realgc

Been a while since I’ve been on here. Unfortunately haven’t used the trailer as much as I’ve wanted and when we have it has been primarily summer months.

Using the heater was always fantastic. Further changes I made since the last photo was just a 2x4 frame around the heater for some minor protection. This past year, some interior cargo tore the duct right where it exits the bed of the trailer. I’m going to switch the interior duct to some hard PVC or ABS with a 90 to exit the interior. Then I don’t need to worry about interior cargo.

Wiring wise, I ran it up to the hinge side and mounted the control panel right beside the bed. It’s completely out of harms way.

If I were to do this all over again, there isn’t really anything I’d change. My setup works/worked great for us. I sold the Jeep and we just bought a larger travel trailer so...if anyone’s interested in buying...
[/QUOTE

Yeah makes sense, in fact thats what I was worried about. I was planning on building a box for the Propex unit. Now Ill have to think about routing the duct work so its not in the way. Thanks for the reply!!

realgc

Hi Mike, I have one more question:) Just wondering about the propane fitting you used. Did you use the copper tube and brass fitting that came with the unit or did you find an adapter? I was hoping to just use two stage regulator from a 20lbs propane tank to an adapter that Ive found a guy use in the states but I cant seem to find anywhere that has one. A propane fitting shop wants to push me to be using a copper tubing system and use the fitting that came with the unit. Which route did you go?

Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• 9C6C5FAD-0047-43ED-B9F6-39F2D7689D74.png
    9C6C5FAD-0047-43ED-B9F6-39F2D7689D74.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 15

JKMikey

Observer
I definitely used the copper tube and brass fitting to connect to the heater. I ran that to the body of the trailer and then must have picked up an adapter...I converted it to a quick connect.

I run a 10lb tank on the left rear with a regulator and rubber hose —> to the quick connect.

I don’t have the trailer at the house but can take a picture next time I grab it (which might have to be soon to get out for some crown camping.)

84-4runner

I am trying to find a similar tent and I find you mention a Matt but not a business name.
I can only bind bushranger tents in AU but it seems there may be one in Canada
or is there a dealer in the states
thanks

JKMikey

Observer
I’m looking to sell mine if you’re interested.

Otherwise, if you’re looking to buy new the company is kakaducamping out of delta BC

JKMikey

Observer
I must have missed his update on Facebook about that. But ya it looks like he’s done building the bushrangers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles