FS: 2012 Adrenalin Rush, Extreme Duty Off-Road Pop-Up Camper.

jonharis

Off The Market

All-
I first want to thank those who followed my thread detailing the build and travels of my beloved 2012 Adrenalin Rush. I will defer to that thread for those wanting an indepth look at the camper and my thoughts on it's performance, usability, livability and suggestions for improvement. The original thread can be found here.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...rican-Built-Adrenalin-Rush-Preview-and-Review

I will paraphrase the specs from Adrenalin's Website.

The Adrenalin is a hard floor fold over tent trailer that has been built and thoroughly tested in Australia for 8 years, the US version uses the same basic design. The trailers frame/chassis is built on fully boxed 1/8” steel and it's body is folded 1/8” Aluminum. The frame is built in Montrose, Colorado and the body, up the road in Delta. The trailer features independent swing arms with adjustable Air bags. Full Stats from their website are listed below.

Chassis — All American Steel, 0.118 Thick
Body — Folded 0.118-Thick Aluminum
Suspension — Fully Independent Swing Arm with Air Bag and Shock Absorber
Wheels — 16x8 Rims with 235/70/16 All-Terrain Tires
Cooking — 3-Burner Stainless Steel Stove
Water — 20-Gallon Food Grade Water Tank, Stainless Steel Sink with Electric Pump
Sleeping — Queen-Size Bed, 4" Foam Mattress
Canvas — 4X Waterproof 450g High-Quality Canvas
Awning — Fully Enclosed Awning, PVC Floor, 3 Split Walls for Easy Assembly
Storage — Full Width Front Tool Box Plus under-Bed Storage
Tow Hitch — Custom 360-Degree 4WD Tow Coupler
Stabilizer Jacks — Heavy-Duty Dual Pin, Foldaway Jacks
Jockey Wheel — Heavy-Duty Jockey Wheel to Make Moving Easy
Brakes — 10" Electric Off Road Brakes, Hand Brake
Lights — All Exterior & Interior LED Lights
Electronics — Optima 75AH Battery, C-Tek Charger, Fuse Box

The base camper was $17,500 new and with the addition I have added, this camper sold for ~$19,000. New versions of the camper are listed at ~$21-22k and have received updates.

This is a complete camper with both side awnings, walls and floors. The canvas is in good to new condition, one of the rooms has not been used and the other has been used twice. The main camper canvas is in good condition and has never been put away wet, is tear free, and has very little surface wear. The body of the camper is in good condition and has some sandblasting on the front from approximately 5000 miles of towing. The BFG All terrains are in excellent condition and the wheels have some scratches and pitting from scraping rocks. The frame has some underbelly scratching and has been touched up with matching touchup from the powdercoater. Other than the obvious wear from a year of camping and towing offroad the camper is in great shape. It is mechanically excellent.

I am selling for Off The Market and will happily deliver anywhere between Denver and Salt Lake or arrange for shipping to pick up at your cost.

Here is a kinda cheesy video in which I explain the features of the camper.

Here are a collection of my favorite photos collected over the past year.
75ceb1cb.jpg

07c1d330.jpg

916988a6.jpg

D7K_6858.jpg

D7K_7567.jpg

D7K_3342.jpg

D7K_4901.jpg

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
THAT is a lot of camper for that price!!

Good luck with sale......someone's going to get a heck of a deal.

wesel123

Explorer
Rad trailer, loved reading the build up.

So it begs the question why are you selling it?? Their seemed to be a lot of love from you towards this trailer.

jonharis

Fair question. I do love the camper and it has allowed my family to continue and improve our camping experience beyond my wildest expectations. That said there are some minor improvements I would like to make to more closely match it to my needs. I have the opportunity to work with the builder on a custom tailored model that will suit my specific needs a little better.

TheThom

Adventurer
Fair question. I do love the camper and it has allowed my family to continue and improve our camping experience beyond my wildest expectations. That said there are some minor improvements I would like to make to more closely match it to my needs. I have the opportunity to work with the builder on a custom tailored model that will suit my specific needs a little better.

1) Good luck with the sale
2) Hope the new one is perfect for you
3) Please post a build thread for the new one so we can enjoy watching it come to life.

jonharis

The tailgate allows access to the above bed and under bed storage cavities. Above the bed there is room for clothing, pillows, cots, awnings etc even when stowed. Below the bed there is a large storage compartment that measures approx. 5' deep x 4' wide x 11" tall. I fit three pelican 1600 cases end to end perfectly in it and a large SS folding table and various other items.

Several have PMed be about a refrigerator. I have mine in my truck so have never thought of adding one to the trailer, but one could easily be added to the front storage box. Dozens of makes/models will fit. There is a post about some that will somewhere in my review thread. The flat top of the camper front boxes is also conducive to solar panels. I calculated that two boulder 30 and four Boulder 15 goal zeros could be mounted if one had the need.

jonharis

The Camper is tentatively sold to a great new owner here in Colorado pending his final inspection and payment. Will update if anything changes. Thanks for all the PMs and interest.

Arctic Taco

Adventurer
Hey Jonathan,
Hope your slae worked out. Just wanted togive out kudos on the 'cheesy' video. Ric should sign you up to make his for the store/website. Covered more on the features than the ones that are on the website. I would be intersted to read up on your new and improved model, to see what types of mods they are willing to make.
Cheers

cnickie

Hey I was wondering how this packs up when wet? Wife and I have been looking into similiar style of campers. Does it take a while to dry once you get home?

jonharis

The camper packs up well when wet. I ensure all windows and doors are closed. I have packed it after a rain but never during a rain so I don't have experience with excessive amounts of water. I have not had an issue with water getting on the bed. Occasionally, if packed up wet I will get a little water in the storage area under the bed. The canvas dries fairly fast so I set it up at my house for a day or two when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste

Members online