donaldon pre filters

slooowr6

Explorer
Mounted mine up. Works great!!
GrandCanyontrip097.jpg

GrandCanyontrip107.jpg

A very clean looking installation!! What did you use to cut the fender?

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
A very clean looking installation!! What did you use to cut the fender?

A cutting wheel. Not ideal. That's for sure. In fact, since the hole was such an odd shape as it bent around the fender I was sure it would turn out badly.
Alas, some ugly cuts with a cutting wheel and some smoothing with a file and it ended up being an almost perfect hole for the 3 inch tube.
I found some trim that I used on an old bumper left over and placed it around the hole to give it a finished look. (I originally got the trim at McMaster Carr. Very strong and looks professional)

Thanks for the compliment. I recommend one beer before cutting as to cut the mental edge off. Anymore beers and the hole will surely get cut poorly. :victory:

slooowr6

Explorer
A cutting wheel. Not ideal. That's for sure. In fact, since the hole was such an odd shape as it bent around the fender I was sure it would turn out badly.
Alas, some ugly cuts with a cutting wheel and some smoothing with a file and it ended up being an almost perfect hole for the 3 inch tube.
I found some trim that I used on an old bumper left over and placed it around the hole to give it a finished look. (I originally got the trim at McMaster Carr. Very strong and looks professional)

Thanks for the compliment. I recommend one beer before cutting as to cut the mental edge off. Anymore beers and the hole will surely get cut poorly. :victory:

Not an easy cut for sure. The more I look at it the more I want one but the cutting fender part scares me and I don't think I can get my wife to approve......... :coffee:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Not an easy cut for sure. The more I look at it the more I want one but the cutting fender part scares me and I don't think I can get my wife to approve......... :coffee:

Shhh. Just get a line on a used fender just in case it doesn't work out so you can replace it. :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior