New 1989 GMC Suburban project

Finally got my center console wired with w blue sea fuse block and 4 12 volt outlets and my cb.

16408_1575754402692120_6946373122478804938_n.jpg

11150661_1575754456025448_6924421241952391662_n.jpg

underdrive

jackwagon
Looks like you're doing the feet-forward mount for the winch, with the clutch housing re-clocked so the lever is still accessible from the top?

Regarding the fuse block, Hella also makes a nice one, it comes in two styles (rear-exit or side-exit terminals) and several versions with respect to number of circuits, with a weatherproof see-thru cover for the fuses.

Looks like you're doing the feet-forward mount for the winch, with the clutch housing re-clocked so the lever is still accessible from the top?

Regarding the fuse block, Hella also makes a nice one, it comes in two styles (rear-exit or side-exit terminals) and several versions with respect to number of circuits, with a weatherproof see-thru cover for the fuses.

Yes, the Warn M12000 is supposed to be mounted feet forward, per Warn.

underdrive

jackwagon
Yes, the Warn M12000 is supposed to be mounted feet forward, per Warn.
Well to me ANY big winch should always be mounted feet forward, we have worm-drive Ramseys and they don't even have provisions for bottom-mounting them in any way.

The reason I asked is that I strongly approve of your chosen method of installation (even if it wasn't required by the manufacturer), however I'd like to caution you on that the upper end of the vertical plate both the winch and the fairlead are bolted to does not appear to be properly supported. Basically what will happen if you leave it like that is when you start winching heavy said plate will want to bend forward at the top just cause that's where the load from the cable is applied to it. Simply bracing the plate to the two vertical brush guard members via a piece of tubing should rectify that problem easy enough. Just something to consider...

Well to me ANY big winch should always be mounted feet forward, we have worm-drive Ramseys and they don't even have provisions for bottom-mounting them in any way.

The reason I asked is that I strongly approve of your chosen method of installation (even if it wasn't required by the manufacturer), however I'd like to caution you on that the upper end of the vertical plate both the winch and the fairlead are bolted to does not appear to be properly supported. Basically what will happen if you leave it like that is when you start winching heavy said plate will want to bend forward at the top just cause that's where the load from the cable is applied to it. Simply bracing the plate to the two vertical brush guard members via a piece of tubing should rectify that problem easy enough. Just something to consider...

Ya, I have not finished with the mount. My work truck took a poop on me and my work is paying me to drive my truck right now (this!) until my work truck gets fixed (100 mile round trip commute). I have not had a chance to finish the mount yet. I still need to add more bracing, cut a hole in the lower plate for my hawse fairlead, and wire it up. I'm also going to a synthetic rope and bolting on some H1 Hummer recovery shackles to the front bumper because I have them sitting around. But thanks for pointing that out. the thought it appreciated.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I am liking the bumper and winch set-up. Looks cool. Cant wait to see that puppy in action...:wings:

Haven't been a lot of updates lately. I got my Dana 60 back with a complete rebuild and all new 4:88 gears. Just need to finish compiling parts for the cross over steering and it will be ready to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior