Model Military Trailer?

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
This is for sale locally in Wayne, Maine. I went to look at it this mernin when he had it advertised as a "small utility trailer" and he was asking $150 OBO. After I looked it over, he said the lowest he'd go was $100. I went to get the cash, forgot his number and re-checked CL for his number only to find he up-ed the price after I told him it was a desirable military trailer. Now he won't even accept the original $150...

CL ad:
http://maine.craigslist.org/for/3917197953.html

00X0X_bCHUmNAwxdo_600x450.jpg

00606_3Fby4xPIVIG_600x450.jpg

00909_cS5mh3r3bHi_600x450.jpg

The box is 6' long
The hubs are loose, no biggie. Tires are decent tho.
3 outta 4 u-bolts are rotted off.
Missing passenger side fender
Hitch is now an adjustable, goes from 1 7/8" to 2" by screwing a knob on top.
Floor has a newer 9but old) panel tacked in place.
Right vertical panel that houses the tail light is floppin' in the wind.
Tailgate is bowed out.
The sides are thin but fairly straight, underside is ok too.

Not sure of the model tho. Any idea's? Thoughts? Discuss :coffee:

hesterj

Adventurer
A old wise man once told me:

Never pass up a good opportunity to keep you dang mouth shut.

I try to live by it. :)

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
/dev/m416, the question is/was:

Not sure of the model tho. Any idea's? Thoughts? Discuss :coffee:

hesterj, He told me a price, I agreed and had to get the cash, so he was going to wait for me to come back to buy it. We're both businessmen so I trusted him on his word. He should be careful if he wants to pull a fast one in a small town where he has his shop.

I'm still interested in the trailer, which is why the question stands at: what model is it?
jeapfreak81 suggested it's an older civilian Bantam.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
It's a T3-C. Not military at all. The stake pockets, hitch, lack of hand brake, factory tailgate and supports, no shocks right?..

Sounds kinda beat. Probably worth the $150 to the right buyer but certainly not hugely valuable. Could be a nice little trailer but you'll put a lot of $$$ into it and may never get it back.

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
It's a T3-C. Not military at all. The stake pockets, hitch, lack of hand brake, factory tailgate and supports, no shocks right?..

Sounds kinda beat. Probably worth the $150 to the right buyer but certainly not hugely valuable. Could be a nice little trailer but you'll put a lot of $$$ into it and may never get it back.

Correct, no shocks. Has a 9 leaf springpack tho.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
After $1500.00 it would be a nice trailer.

Check Manley trailers ebay sales and buy a straight tub from him.
build your frame how you like and the axle you want.
Further ahead.

Robert Bills

Explorer
It is definitely a Bantam T-3C civilian trailer. As noted above, the stake pockets, tailgate and lack of shocks are identifying features.

As for being worth no more than $150, that is inaccurate. Complete, unrestored T-3C trailers, even rust buckets, regularly sell for $500 and sometimes more.

Here is mine, with original sheetmetal (with some add-on modifications/updates that can be unbolted to return the trailer to 100% original):

Jeep%2520Trailer%25201.jpg

Jeep%2520Trailer%25202.JPG

Jeep%2520Trailer%25203.jpg

Jeep%2520Trailer%25204.JPG

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
It's certainly worth what someone will pay, obvious right? I looked again and didn't see anywhere that anyone said it was worth no more than $150 though.
Oh, have you ever seen a "rust bucket" (of any type) from Maine?! They take their rust very seriously up there!:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles