Any Portlanders????

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
So on my route to work here in Portland (over the Hill past OHSU for anyone who knows the area) I keep seeing this pristine d90 (??) it's completely perfectly set up, tall skinny mudders (like the whatever 16's that I've been seeing talked about here) full roof rack and to top it all off, it's the British racing green with White top that just look plain great.

Second one: There is a Police officer in the neighborhood (SW near Dakota/Vermont area) I grew up in who is to say the least, a Rover fanatic. He has a RRC that is comletely kitted out rack, limb lifters etc. and then there's his 110?109? that is also built to the hilt...

SO basicly I'm wondering if anyone knows these guy's or if they're members here on the Expo cause they should be ;)\

Cheers

Dave

K2RVR

Adventurer
The Vermont/Multnomah area guy is probably Chauncey if it is red RRC and multi colored 109 (the school bus). He is a PCRC member but I have not seen him on this board.

nickw

Adventurer
4Rescue said:
So on my route to work here in Portland (over the Hill past OHSU for anyone who knows the area) I keep seeing this pristine d90 (??) it's completely perfectly set up, tall skinny mudders (like the whatever 16's that I've been seeing talked about here) full roof rack and to top it all off, it's the British racing green with White top that just look plain great.

Second one: There is a Police officer in the neighborhood (SW near Dakota/Vermont area) I grew up in who is to say the least, a Rover fanatic. He has a RRC that is comletely kitted out rack, limb lifters etc. and then there's his 110?109? that is also built to the hilt...

SO basicly I'm wondering if anyone knows these guy's or if they're members here on the Expo cause they should be ;)\

Cheers

Dave

Is think I have seen that D-90, if its the one I am thinking of I always see it over in the 'pearl' district.

Two others in town:

White 110 with a sweet partial external cage/roof rack. I think it is a diesel, I have seen it parked downtown.

An AMAZING older series 109, green, with all the expo bits and bobs. I have seen it up off of skyline a couple times.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
K2RVR said:
The Vermont/Multnomah area guy is probably Chauncey if it is red RRC and multi colored 109 (the school bus). He is a PCRC member but I have not seen him on this board.
Yep, that's him, the RRC is a very FADED red, and the 109 (it's a 2dr right) is allo kinds of colors... Sweet rigs, I'll have to have a chat with him if I ever see him out and about. I grew up in teh neighborhood, and I've been seeing his rigs around for a few years, but I've never gotten a chance to talk to him...

And yeah, i think the 90 is the same one I keep seeing atround the Pearl as well (not that I spend more than a minute in that awfull yuppie mess)... Haven't seen the 110...

Cheers

Dave

K2RVR

Adventurer
You grew up there? Wilson high?

Me, class of 88...

Yeah, that's probably the one. Chauncey is a great guy. I think it is actually a 107, but could be wrong. Chevy 350 if I remember right.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
K2RVR said:
You grew up there? Wilson high?

Me, class of 88...

Yeah, that's probably the one. Chauncey is a great guy. I think it is actually a 107, but could be wrong. Chevy 350 if I remember right.
YEP!!! Wilson High CLass of 97... but My pseudo older sister would have been there then Heather Walloch...

Those rovers look sweet, I won't hold it against him for putting that garbage motor in the 107 ;) Oh how I hate Chevy anything...

I live over in SE now, but my folks still live over there as do most of my good friends.

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier