Gen 2.5 - Upgrade Advice Needed - Body Lift or Suspension Lift, and Maintenance Item.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Yeap, my buddy is the west coast distributor for Ironman, which is really the only reason why I am considering them. I have a long and successful track record with ARB, Ironman would be new to me. I wonder if the longer t-bars on the Ironman site would allow more articulation?
Ironman offers two sizes: 1278mm Long verses 1308mm Long

Different lengths is for different body types, short wheel base and long wheel base. We need the big stuff.

nwoods

Expedition Leader

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Boy do I wish 4Wire4x4 kept the photos. The forum is filled with ALMOST useful information
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=168781&page=10&fpart=3&vc=1
It does now although the webmaster is still working through the process of making the integration more seamless. Its effectively several pieces combined (portal, forum, & picture hosting).

Alternatively if you just ask for pics and info noting that you've searched, folks will happily provide what info they know/have.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
It does now although the webmaster is still working through the process of making the integration more seamless. Its effectively several pieces combined (portal, forum, & picture hosting).

Alternatively if you just ask for pics and info noting that you've searched, folks will happily provide what info they know/have.

I'll be honest, 4wire makes me feel like an incompetent internet virgin, and I've been online since before there was the internet! I just can't figure out how to find anything on that site. I just spent 3 hours looking for a part number for the KYB shocks, and like always, I found many interesting threads that provided no information whatsoever about my question.

I dont recall the exact measurements but I think I got about .75-1" of lift. I'm sure that's settled by now.

I'm ordering the Ironoman torsion bars this week. I could have sworn there were heavierlonger torsion bars available... but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone have any idea? I'm assuming the Iron Man/OME T-bars are a different spring rate?

I hate 4x4wire and absolutely refuse to go there anymore, unless it comes up in a general inquiry on google. They need to scrap it and go to a different format.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I'll be honest, 4wire makes me feel like an incompetent internet virgin, and I've been online since before there was the internet! I just can't figure out how to find anything on that site. I just spent 3 hours looking for a part number for the KYB shocks, and like always, I found many interesting threads that provided no information whatsoever about my question.

What year Montero are you looking for? only special part number is for a gen 1 with longer rear coil springs. otherwise its the stock shock. And why are you complaining here instead of on that forum?

Unless you just want to whine about it like others on here.

Plus from what I can see you wouldn't have found the part number on here any easier without also asking...

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I hate 4x4wire and absolutely refuse to go there anymore, unless it comes up in a general inquiry on google. They need to scrap it and go to a different format.

Wow Scott, I guess you feel pretty strongly about that. ;)

Ahough this site has a nice look and feel, the reality I prefer to go with a "brains" over beauty... i.e. while Mitsu Tech info is certainly "trickling" in on the ExPo, its a mere single cell Protozoa in comparison to the volume of info on the 'wire... but hopefully over time, the Portal will also get there.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I'm not knocking what's on 4Wire, I just can't extract any of it. It surely doesn't help that all the photos are gone. I also find it odd that I can't get more than 7 pages of threads to appear in the Mitsu Tech section. I don't post there much because anything I say there will look even more retarded than I do here on ExPo. Admittedly, a low bar, but still....
:)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Interesting issue on the 7 pages of threads limit you're encountering... I'm not getting that on either my PC (either home or work) or iPad or Android phones.

As for hosted pictures... it's been a long term issue which the 4x4wire management are hoping to resolve soon but they are still going through the integration process.

Also the 'wire is primarily run buy Volunteers. This includes website administration, web design, and forum moderation personnel. I dont know for sure but I suspect that aside from the forum Mod's the ExPo's staff are paid professionals... Can't be sure but that's been my suspicion. Would be interesting to learn more about that from an academic POV for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior