FlipPac Mounted to ta Trailer?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Why? The virtue of a flip pac is that it allows you to use the bed of a truck as well as giving the extra space of the tent.

It would also have to be mounted on a cargo-type trailer with a bed, unless of course you wanted to "low crawl" through the lift gate in order to get into the thing (on a truck mounted flip pac you'd drop the tailgate and lift the liftgate and walk right in.)

Seems to me a flip-pac on a trailer would have the half the usefulness as a RTT on a trailer but at 2x the cost. :confused: Doesn't make much sense.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Put one in a pick up bed trailer.

Attachments

• imagesCAA3QOJR.jpg
    imagesCAA3QOJR.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 282
  • testing.jpg
    testing.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 40

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
It's a good idea in a pick-up bed trailer as shown above because you gain the main advantage of the FlipPac... Namely you double your living area AND have stand-up headroom.

gsdog2

Observer
I have a truck bed trailer I use for off-roading also. Was looking at a flippac recently but the issue was it would have to be folded towards the tow rig and space would be prohibitive. Unless it was always detached from the rig as in the above pic. I guess one could jacknife the trailer. I like the idea.

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
I picked up a WilderNest and they fold out the side. Looking to eventually mount it to a truck bed type trailer as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior