New project 91 Burban

Survivalist45

Picked up this 91 suburban 1500 for $2700, only thing it needed was a PS line and rear shocks.

I want to put a freshwater tank under it somewhere but I'm still figuring out placement.

Currently building another bumper (Previous burban pic included 1999) and a roof rack.

This is my first square body burban and I don't know why I ever got the newer ones.

Any suggestions to make this the ultimate Expedition vehicle?

Dual battery and inverters being installed this week when I get some time off work.

First pic is My last project, and the 2nd is my new

417036_10150683168197838_796372953_n.jpg184474_10151646804747838_1632766983_n.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
First off welcome to the site Survivalist! Nice looking `Burb´you have there and I am sure there are many people here that can give you helpful hints. Larry among others is our GM guru and he has among other fine GM vehicles, also a `Burb´ Let us know what you plan to do to this rig and I am sure you will have many ready to help you. Congrats on the new ride and keep us updated. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Off Duty

Adventurer
I'll second the welcome above:beer:

I've always been a fan of the box bodied, older Burbs, and one day, I'll pick one up.
In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through others builds on here :drool:
What are your plans for the rig?

Subscribed.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Good find. I do love my Super duty, but I gotta say, if my 87 Burb wasn't rusting apart, I'd still have it. You gonna love the big ones.

plumber mike

Adventurer
I don't love my super duty but I do love my suburban. It has never let me down in all these years, it always seems to give me plenty of advanced warning that a part needs replacing, and the parts are always what I consider inexpensive. I also worked out of it daily for many years. image.jpg

bowstryder

Observer
Welcome to the board! What are your current specs on the box and what are your end plans with it. A lot of folks here can help in a lot of ways with your sub. I am sure it goes without saying that if you have a question just ask. Not down playing your mechanical abilities but we've all messed something up at point or another and learned a better way of doing it. lol

Survivalist45

Well my last suburban I made my BOV, this time I want it to be self sufficient, So I really want to have on-board water, and maybe solar with 2 batteries on my spare tire cut out, with my air compressor. My last winch had one built in, but like an idiot, I sold it with the old suburban.
So I have to start from scratch again except for the propane stove and sleeping accommodations. I have the corporate 14 bolt, but I'm waiting for a good front axle before I do the swap.

And If I win the lottery or save a bank from robbery or something, I want to do a 12V Cummins swap, like in my friends 88.

bowstryder

Observer
There are a lot of burb guys here that have done those mods. Sounds like a solid start at any rate. Where are you from in VA?
I am working on getting mine underway....been a little tough because I am currently elsewhere in the world for a little while if you know what I mean. Keep us updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94