New Woelcke Fuso 4x4 Expedition vehicle "Autark"

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
This'll work fine . . . where should I send the money?

Seriously, thank you both for the information. That's a nice rig and I hope I'll be overlanding in 25 years when the my government will let me import one. :(

haven

Expedition Leader
Mercedes (Daimler A.G.) bought a controlling interest in Fuso about 10 years ago. Fuso is expanding is presence in Europe, so it's logical that custom builders in Germany would start using the platform.

Mike, just ship a USA version of the Canter chassis to Europe for outfitting. That should add only $15k to the cost of the project!

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
They also have an interesting guard for the wheel nuts, but I don't know how well these would deal with mud.

Woelcke_Rim.jpg

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
They also have an interesting guard for the wheel nuts, but I don't know how well these would deal with mud.

View attachment 172577

Someone correct me if I am wrong but the SRW here is OEM FUSO and thats a wider rear diff. IIRC This was the setup that was shown at the FUSO 4x4 European launch about 4 years ago. Why this isn't offered elsewhere, I don't know.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Someone correct me if I am wrong but the SRW here is OEM FUSO. IIRC This was the setup that was shown at the FUSO 4x4 European launch about 4 years ago.

interesting... and that is a split rim setup as well it looks like? Split rims are great for changing big tires like that without equipment.

Those XZLs are nice tires but carry a lot less weight than the chassis can... in fact I can't figure out how they get to a 6500kg GVWR, by my math it should only be 6000kg?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
GXV should steal that floorplan. The Bathroom looks rockin' to a 6'4" gorilla like me.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Wow, home run. I would really like to see how they lean the cab forward with that lid on it, and the pass through, but it sure looks nice to me! I could handle having a truck like that for sure. Not that I could handle the price tag that comes with it, just like the truck! Perhaps some day!

PeterM

The 255/100 R 16 Michelins have load index 126, that means 3400 kg per axle (at 4.5 bar). With 2,800 kg max. front axle load, 6.200 kg GVW are possible (in theory, with "perfect" weight distribution)

regards
Peter

vwalan

fuso mitsubishi have been building trucks in portugal for years .mine was built there in 99.
theres also a big plant in morocco . europe isnt behind we just dont really build lots on jap trucks . the mercedes or man take first choice . when i built my mitzy artic every one said it wouldnt work but it proved them wrong . mind they still think i,m odd customizing a jap truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz