New to me TRAILBLAZER CAMPER

JasonRedwood

Explorer
Just picked up this VenturCraft TRAILBLAZER Camper.
Im new to the whole trailer game.
The wife and I are excited about the purchase.
Needs some cleaning on the fabric, some snaps replaced and wiring cleaned up a bit.
Looks to have been rarely used. Unfortunately the fiberglass top was stored in properly and buckled in a bit in the center.

Plans are;

Replace snaps
Wash and seal fabric
Replace driver side fender
Clean up the wiring and wire the 4runner to hook up to the trailer
larger tires to fit match what ever route I take on the 4runner.......
Sand and paint the rear bumper and braces.

Any suggestions on fenders?

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Nice score! Looks good and sits level behind the Toyota.
Fresh paint and matching wheels even better!

Post your results.

dizzyspots

Adventurer
fenders are impossible to match/find....if the fender is there, consider repair the "Jeep" style fenders that are generally available are different dimensions
the hub swap is easy at any good trailer supply store...the axle is a Dexter torflex.....mine is set up to match my toyota truck wheels, just using a slighter smaller tire
wash and dry the tent fabric with Dawn dish soap...dry thoroughly...seal the seams with Camp-Dri seam sealer
with the exception of taking the hardtop off....setting up the tent portion takes LITERALLY less than a minute...and you still have access to the cargo under the bed...no need to unload the stuff, if all you want to do is sleep

I have had both models..the Kwik Kamp (motorcycles) and the Trailblazer and have pulled them and slept in them in all four corners of the US and Baja

you are gonna love it PS find a deal on a memory foam queen size topper for the mattress

JasonRedwood

Explorer
Thanks Dizzyspots

I plan on swapping the hubs out to fit toyota wheels.
The fender on the driver side was a quick replacement that the PO made. It's pretty ugly but will due for a bit. The
driver side is in great shape.
Thanks for the tips!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Congratulations Again, You will have a lot of fun with this trailer a very easy to use and set up!

Looking forward to your built!

Let the games begin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94