Prepping my conqueror conquest for Ourey, kokopekli, wooden shoe, arch canyon,

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Need advice on prepping my conqueror conquest for a 2 week offroad excursion across colorado and Utah, Wheel bearings are stock as are wheels and tires. I need some info on the consumables for this trailer that need to be maintained(entire trailer is stock- bought it and it was never used) where do I source the Alkon parts for this trailer? I think there are some caravan shops in the UK that stock consumable parts. i am Also shopping for battery set ups. 2x 6 volts tied together like golf cart battery?? 2 yellow tops? Trailer already has a xantrex battery charger so type of battery setup would work best?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The OEM bearings are ok. Chris Robinson (DieselandMud) knows the Timkin bearing that is the equivalent. (he has a base camp). Dual Diehard Platinums are your best and longest lasting option, however there are many with different opinions on that. I do believe that in the long run, you will need to replace the factory charger/inverter/shorepower. I am as well seeking info on doing this while maintaining the factory cover- as I am not one to live with something that looks rigged (Extreme OCD does that to you).
Hilldweller knows a trailer place right outside of Atlanta, and I had the info, but cannot find it. I may just take it there and let them do their magic on it.
Here is a link to a place where you can get the alko parts:
http://www.caravanparts.co.uk/index.php

OEM site: (order direct)
http://shop.al-ko.co.uk

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Thanks dendy- previous owner changed the shore power and installed a xentrex charger behind the factory cover. Battery is dead though and I am going to replace with something substantial. What size hub kit will I need to run JK steel wheels on the conquest?

The tanks are stock and i would love to install a pump and sprayer for sink/shower duties.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK, shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you hooked up with a place in NW Georgia/East Alabama called Toddco suspension. You can take the hubs off and tell him what you want on the hubs. He'll knock the old studs off and redrill new studs in ... OR, ... I can send you a link to a place where you can buy hub adapters that will take you from the hub measurements (which are Toyota ... I think) to Jeep.

There was someone on here that installed a sure flo pump and set up in his Conqueror Compact. I'll dig and see if I can come up with is.

Stand by.
D

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Thanks Chris/Dendy -

Do either of you have the size/part #'s for the weak suspension bolts that hold the axle to the leaf pack and the shock bolts? I also would like to replace the safety chains were with HD America steel links but am not sure what size/part # to get. Also, what size coupler bolts do I need? I'd like to change these to grade 8.

John E Davies

Adventurer
If you decide to buy the MOST EXCELLENT Diehard Platinum batteries, wait for the Sears Family and Friends sale - they have this sale regularly and the batteries are usually discounted by an extra 10%. I have also found that you can order online and pickup at the nearest store for free shipping, and the item cost is usually lower too. I installed a Platinum battery in my Outback a few months back and saved significantly by buying online.

The next F&F sale is August 11: ... http://www.sears.com/family-and-friends-sale/dap-120000000250459

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Bearings came in today from Applied - Now on to the galley and drawers and onboard water system

13716255162498614602013-05-28%2009.04.34.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier