ARB Mosquito Netting

bainbridge-xj

Folks:

I am looking for an ARB Mosquito Netting for the 2500 awning- doing the WABDR in ten days. ARB appears to be backordered until August. Any thoughts on what vendor might have one?

Thanks.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
I KNOW that northwesty in renton, wa have these in stock...almost bot one myself. I'm just curious about which direction the screen door will actually open (considering that you are mounting on it the passengers side)

Ask for Ray. 425-985-1805. Tell him Brett sent u :)

CDN offroader

I have the ARB 2000 on my passenger side. It has 2 openings, one against the truck so I can open the door, and one on the front.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
I went there today. They had two sitting right there!?!?!? They tried to sell me one !!!
Hmmmm

If ud like....pm me ur fone number .... Ill make sure they get u one

Brett

bainbridge-xj

Brett:

Actually Ray called me back and mentioned that he had located several- they were in the attic, I think. I picked one up as I was headed out of town and it worked great. Thanks again for the tip. North-Westy is a very interesting place, by the way. They have some really cool vans there.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
They've done a lot of work on my van....can you confirm, if you mount the screen room on the passengers side....the door from the screen room opens towards the front of ur rig?

And did you like it? Is it worth the money?

bainbridge-xj

Yes, if you mount the screen on the passenger side, the door opens to the front of the vehicle. There is also a door that opens to the vehicle.

We really liked this awning. One person can set it up in about 3 minutes (although it took me awhile to figure it out the first time). I have a Jeep Cherokee so staying in the vehicle once arriving in camp really isn't a enjoyable option if there are a lot of bugs- and we ran into a lot of flies and bees. This netting made evenings very enjoyable. Perhaps with your van, it isn't a big deal to hunker down in it if the bugs are bad but regardless I think this is a great investment. If you are thinking about one and you need it soon, I would get it from North-Westy. They only have a few and I couldn't find one anywhere else in the US (including Northridge4x4) as ARB is backordered until some time in August. I did find a ARB vendor in Canada who had some (ouipack.com) so that could be an option. Definitely a good purchase.

4x4BNB

Adventurer
Good to hear...thanks for the input

Just sent Ray a message and asked him to hold one for me :)

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Bump...

Trying to find the mosquito net for the 6.5' (ARB3112US). I've placed an order several times now and had it turn into a backorder with no ETA. Anyone know who might actually stock this item? If it's shipping from ARB it isn't shipping any time soon.

xplrn42

Adventurer
Let's see a writeup! I have yet to see one installed on the net in hi rez

X2 I had to demonstrate my awning yesterday for some friends while camping. Then I went exploring, while my wife stayed at camp, to find some bc campsites to mark on the GPS. Found a spur road and topped out with a great view of Mt.Hood but yellow jackets and flies were horrible due to the huckleberries end of season. Was really thinking about this netting.
It was actually quite strange.....campsites were full but I only saw one dispursed site being used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94