03 super duty build

jdinevens

Adventurer
Well the first of the goodies has arrived, the dogs helping me to unwrap it.
IMG_20140214_183520_797.jpg

TF 41, from truckfridge. I went with the 41 over the 51 as I believe it will fit inside the storage I'm planning on building where the 51 would be too tall. I can't say how impressed I am with the fit and finish, everything seems to be really high quality. What's the first thing to do with a brand new fridge?.....the 24 beer cooling test...

IMG_20140215_125734_702.jpg

Last edited:

jdinevens

Adventurer
What do you have for the truck tuning wise?

Its got the edge CTS to monitor and a 6 pos switch, both were there when I got the truck. I think I need it to get re-tuned though while in the "mpg" setting its returned 13 mpg from TN to WI this past weekend...

jdinevens

Adventurer
IMG_20140221_122452_689.jpg

A little face lift for the truck...once i get a black bumper on there it should look "right"

On a side note, the headlights claimed to be plug and play which was definitely not true I had to trim like crazy, had I known that I would have just ponied up for the Harley lights.

jdinevens

Adventurer
some more goodies for the truck

IMG_20140315_055000_864.jpg

2x 110AH AGM house batteries
Shurflo pump
some special bolts to secure my storage compartment to the bed

dave1014

Adventurer
Its got the edge CTS to monitor and a 6 pos switch, both were there when I got the truck. I think I need it to get re-tuned though while in the "mpg" setting its returned 13 mpg from TN to WI this past weekend...

Yeah sounds like a Banks 6 gun. Look into an SCT X3 with custom tuning. I recommend Tony Wildman

jdinevens

Adventurer
Yeah sounds like a Banks 6 gun. Look into an SCT X3 with custom tuning. I recommend Tony Wildman

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a major overhaul of the truck and when I say "I", actually I mean pay someone to do it. I've got the money and am trying to decide if getting the engine rebuilt, bed/cab removed, frame cleaned and rustproofed new clutch installed, trans rebuilt along with a couple other things. If/when that happens I'll probably have Swamps diesel, who are just down the road end up doing it as they have a pretty good rep and are local in case of any problems. None of this is needed at the moment but are things that will need to be eventually done, I'm especially tired of looking at rust all over my frame, granted its just surface stuff right now but if I had someone do it mine as well take care of the other issues to make the labor costs worth it. We'll see I'm going to head down there this week and talk to them about costs...

jdinevens

Adventurer

Hey dave, 2 questions

I see you have a leveling kit and our tires are about the same size, do you have any rubbing in the front on the inside fender?

Has your CTS started to just fall off? on mine the suction kind of stopped working but now the display wont stay on the suction arm it is very loose, I'm wondering if something broke off...

Kowboy

Adventurer
A little face lift for the truck...

Did you get the grille and lights from MKM Customs? Looks like the same set-up I got. Hope your lights work better tho. Mine are worthless. I'm goin' back to stock so I can act'uly drive at night.

... I'll probably have Swamps diesel, who are just down the road end up doing it as they have a pretty good rep and are local in case of any problems ...

I'm runnin' the Swamps tunes on my junk ... real happy with it.

Coscienceguy

Observer
View attachment 212531

A little face lift for the truck...once i get a black bumper on there it should look "right"

On a side note, the headlights claimed to be plug and play which was definitely not true I had to trim like crazy, had I known that I would have just ponied up for the Harley lights.

I did the Harley lights on mine, check my build, and had to trim almost all of it out too. It's just the difference with the model years. Worth it though, even with all the work it takes.

jdinevens

Adventurer
Did you get the grille and lights from MKM Customs? Looks like the same set-up I got. Hope your lights work better tho. Mine are worthless. I'm goin' back to stock so I can act'uly drive at night.

I'm runnin' the Swamps tunes on my junk ... real happy with it.

Yea they are the eagle eye lights(?)...I hate them, the fit is terrible, the beam goes 8 feet in front of me, so I can't really see at night, they didn't have any instructions for the LEDs....new tires are being mounted as I type this woot

Edit: tires are mounted rub about the same, so a little on the inner fender area...maybe bushwackers are in my future...they do fill out the wheel wells a little better. so from the kuhmo road venture 325/60/18 to cooper s/t maxx 305/70/18

IMG_20140317_121738_741.jpg
IMG_20140317_154302_267.jpg

Last edited:

Coscienceguy

Observer
Where did you get them? Did they come with the pigtail adapters?

I ordered them off eBay, and all they came with was the sockets, so I had to cut my existing connections and use some electrical connectors to make it work. The actual bulbs swapped over, until I upgraded to led parking lights. Hope that helps.

jdinevens

Adventurer
some more goodies from brown santa

IMG_20140319_113608_618.jpg

2x 200A breakers
1x 200a Solenoid
2x pair of 500lb slides
1x garden hose connection to fill water tank
4x rope pulls to act as handles
2x latches w/ key
1x timer for solenoid
2x forklift connection for QD for house batteries

IMG_20140319_114331_813.jpg

Yea I saw them on Ebay, I think some come with the connection already. now with the LEDs, you wired them to the parking lights correct? did you cut the lines to the bulb or just tap into it? and they act as daytime running lights correct?

dave1014

Adventurer
I'm trying to decide if I want to do a major overhaul of the truck and when I say "I", actually I mean pay someone to do it. I've got the money and am trying to decide if getting the engine rebuilt, bed/cab removed, frame cleaned and rustproofed new clutch installed, trans rebuilt along with a couple other things. If/when that happens I'll probably have Swamps diesel, who are just down the road end up doing it as they have a pretty good rep and are local in case of any problems. None of this is needed at the moment but are things that will need to be eventually done, I'm especially tired of looking at rust all over my frame, granted its just surface stuff right now but if I had someone do it mine as well take care of the other issues to make the labor costs worth it. We'll see I'm going to head down there this week and talk to them about costs...

Hey dave, 2 questions

I see you have a leveling kit and our tires are about the same size, do you have any rubbing in the front on the inside fender?

Has your CTS started to just fall off? on mine the suction kind of stopped working but now the display wont stay on the suction arm it is very loose, I'm wondering if something broke off...

You cant go wrong with the guys at Swamps as far as doing the work. Excellent shop.

I dont have any rubbing at all with the leveling kit. As far as the suction cup mount for the cts goes I never used it. I got the dash mount pod with it right away

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles