Heads up on a craigs list ad if you are near the N. TX area

Flashole

Adventurer
An M416 popped up today on craigs list in the Wichita Falls area. Looks like it's all there.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/******/for/3946445733.html

Mods....if this is against the rules, feel free to nuke this.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
$1200.00 is more than I would spend, but they are getting harder to find complete.
Someone will take the plunge.

Flashole

Adventurer
I paid $400 for mine, but it was in worse shape and was missing the brake parts and a taillight. Having said that, another one showed up a couple weeks ago for $1,400 and was already gone when I tried to pull the ad a couple of days later. They are getting hard to find. Also, you never really know what someone will be willing to take. I rarely pay full price for anything on craigslist.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I agree that $1200 is a lot, but I've been looking for close to 2 years and have never seen a $400 m416! Found one for $750 but it was complete trash. Nothing good on it! So when I finally found mine, $1200 was a good price for a complete straight rust free m416! (I actually paid $1400 but sold the two original wheels with new tires for $200)

Flashole

Adventurer
I agree that $1200 is a lot, but I've been looking for close to 2 years and have never seen a $400 m416! Found one for $750 but it was complete trash. Nothing good on it! So when I finally found mine, $1200 was a good price for a complete straight rust free m416! (I actually paid $1400 but sold the two original wheels with new tires for $200)

I got lucky on mine price wise, but I had to put a bunch of work into it, including a floor. The metal alone for the floor was over $200 if my memory serves me correctly and then the time and materials to install it. I think anything under a grand for a complete, semi straight and rust free trailer is probably a worthy price these days. The glory days of nice $500 M416s is probably nearing an end. And like Mark Harley says......A fist full of cash speaks for itself.

Flashole

Adventurer
Box looks a tad off - but that could just be the angle. However it's in a LOT better shape than the one in the OP.

Man, that box does look off. Surely it's just the angle the pics were taken. If not, I wouldn't buy that one for free:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke