ARB troubleshooting

trevan

Have an ARB that is acting up - 1 yr old unit. Just returned from 10 days away and it ran well.

A few days later turned it on and noticed after a drive the temp had not gone down. Checked the connections etc and the panel was on but no sound of the compressor running - on the trucks 12v system with full battery. All checks showed power to the unit. Plugged it into 120 and it started right up and began to cool down as it should.

Any ideas on where to look? On 12 v there is power to the fridge.

Jc

trevan

It was odd that it ran on 120 volts but not 12 volts. I suspect that with the battery monitor on the fridge set to high that a loose connection shut the fridge down and with the battery slightly drained it was below the restart voltage.

While on 120v set the battery monitor to low. Shut the fridge off, unplugged the 120 v line, tightened up all 12 v connections and on restart all was good.

Bit of confusion but had not quite got around to looking at where to call for tech support!

T

WOODY2

Adventurer
I had intermitent issues until I replaced the female end of the power cord went to a Hella solved issue

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior