Summer Sandshills Prairie Visions #2

NMC_EXP

Explorer
I like the rolling and almost treeless prairies. Feels unrestricted and seems like you can see the day after tomorrow.
Regards
Jim

Being from Eastern Nebraska now living WA I want to get back to Scotts Bluff and Chadron and do some exploring myself! Great pics! The altitude in Westeren Nebraska is deceiving Scotts Bluff is around 5000'.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Being from Eastern Nebraska now living WA I want to get back to Scotts Bluff and Chadron and do some exploring myself! Great pics! The altitude in Westeren Nebraska is deceiving Scotts Bluff is around 5000'.
I was born and raised in Scottsbluff. Haven't lived there in nearly 30 years though. Some beautiful country in the short grass steppes and pine-clad hills of the western Nebraska Panhandle.

ROADTRIPN

I was born and raised in south central Nebraska. I fished several areas in the Sandhills over time and I loved every minute of being in that area!!!! I'd love to get back there and spend some time exploring again!

kpredator

Adventurer
sandhills

we have photographed the prairie chickens around mullens ,a few times.
a few years ago stock tanked down the dismal river.what a blast.
great area and people out there
kp

fifthcircle

Adventurer
Great pictures!

I'm in Lincoln, NE...
As a kid, I remember the drive from my Grandparents ranch (Atkinson) to home (Auburn & later, Indianola) seeming to take absolutely forever. Nothing to see, nothing to do.
Funny how things change. I would gladly take a month and do nothing but explore the sandhills. I absolutely love that area, and go through it every chance I get.

Just in case someone is thinking about a trip up there, a few great spots to set as destinations are:
Steer Creek Campground in the McKelvie Natl. Forest
Valentine Natl. Wildlife Refuge (great fishing, no camping)
Nebraska Natl. Forest - Halsey
Niobrara River - East of Valentine (canoe/kayak/tube)

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Great pictures!

I'm in Lincoln, NE...
As a kid, I remember the drive from my Grandparents ranch (Atkinson) to home (Auburn & later, Indianola) seeming to take absolutely forever. Nothing to see, nothing to do.
Funny how things change. I would gladly take a month and do nothing but explore the sandhills. I absolutely love that area, and go through it every chance I get.

Just in case someone is thinking about a trip up there, a few great spots to set as destinations are:
Steer Creek Campground in the McKelvie Natl. Forest
Valentine Natl. Wildlife Refuge (great fishing, no camping)
Nebraska Natl. Forest - Halsey
Niobrara River - East of Valentine (canoe/kayak/tube)
Yes, the Nebraska Sandhills along with the scenic wild Niobrara River that flows all along the northern fringe of Nebraska are exquisite. Unique American jewels few people see. If one wants a trip out of the ordinary then visit and explore the 20,000 sq mile Sandhills region. Timeless quiet beauty with dark nights full of stars from horizon to horizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94