Current Wrangler to live-on until 2018?

X-plorenow

Adventurer
First I heard of it, but makes sense. They are selling like hotcakes and the JK is relatively young. Will have to see.

Justincredible

Adventurer
As long as they branch out with a diesel option, pickup truck option, and find ways to cut weight I don't see this as a problem.

Septu

Explorer
As long as they branch out with a diesel option, pickup truck option, and find ways to cut weight I don't see this as a problem.

I'm not sure they'll find much weight to cut. Nor do I think they'll ever come out with a pickup truck option based off the wrangler. But the diesel has been announced by Chrysler for the 2016 model year.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure they'll find much weight to cut. Nor do I think they'll ever come out with a pickup truck option based off the wrangler. But the diesel has been announced by Chrysler for the 2016 model year.

Working hard ? (haha)

I don't think the diesel for 2016 is fully "official" yet, fingers still crossed.
I think they'll have to do something engine-wise to meet the tighter CAFE standards.. smaller turbo Pentaster is a possibility.

-Dan

haven

Expedition Leader
"They are selling like hotcakes..."

This makes sense. Why spend the $$$ to reinvent the wheel when it's not needed? Jeep can freshen the interior and change the colors for a couple more years.

xicofixas

you guys can always move to europe and buy the diesel version here :p the current engine is a 2.8 crd with 200 hp the previous engine had 177hp

slow2run

The Diesel engine is to long, to fit into the current JK and so is the new 8 speed transmission. they must wait for the new designed wrangler, also jeep is to drop the J in JK for C , jeep CK or KC For up dates on jeeps you should go to allpar.com forums, Note jeep is come out with a mini jeep o14 or o15 build on the 500L platform?

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
The Diesel engine is to long, to fit into the current JK and so is the new 8 speed transmission. they must wait for the new designed wrangler, also jeep is to drop the J in JK for C , jeep CK For up dates on jeeps you should go to

Which diesel engine is too long? They come stock with diesels outside of the NA market.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Adventurer
If the hemi fits, as well as the 6.2L GM Vortec, the new diesel will fit without a problem. The engine bay of the GC and the Wrangler are basically identical.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
I have driven the diesel 4 door in Europe only on a parking lot, but it felt like a tractor compared to my 2 door wrangler 2012 with pentastar

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
I used to want a diesel but with the cost of fuel, it just doesn't make sense now, one you factor in the extra cost of the motor. Yeah, I'd like the extra torque but it comes at too step of a price tag. If Wrangler history holds true, the next model should be due around 2016.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior