Expedition West Tacoma DEPOSIT IN HAND

You can't build a Ferrari, and you couldn't built this truck, but even if was fabricated by others, there'd still be a lot of reason to want to own and use either one.

^^This.

I bought Christo Slee's personal Land Cruiser (LX470) for this very reason. Not too many people have the skills it takes to build to this level. When the chance comes around to buy one, jump on it. I did, and after fifteen years of researching and tinkering on other trucks, I don't regret for a second not building mine for once. (Call me lazy.) All those weekends not spent in the garage add up to a lot of travel time. Oh, and you'll get far more bang for your buck in the long run. It's a trade-off, for sure, but one worth considering.

2¢ FWIW. :)

It's certainly a gem, Josh. Sorry you must part with her. I wish you and this truck all the best.

wc

zimm

Expedition Leader
a tacoma isnt a ferrari artwork or engineering no matter how much bolt on origami you achieve.

i think its apt thats its registered as an RV, because essentially, it was RV designing skills on the head of a pin, to get all that in and keep the GVW within spec. anyone can fit out a unimog.

what it does have in common with a ferrari, though, is that its good for two things. 1) its intended purpose 2) stare at.

if it keeps changing hands every 6 months as people use it for trips then finish, that would be cool too. why not? because otherwise, someone is just gonna sit and stare at it.

it would be cost effective to lease it :)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
a tacoma isnt a ferrari artwork or engineering no matter how much bolt on origami you achieve. i think its apt that's its registered as an RV, because essentially, it was RV designing skills on the head of a pin, to get all that in and keep the GVW within spec. anyone can fit out a unimog. what it does have in common with a ferrari, though, is that its good for two things. 1) its intended purpose 2) stare at.

Whoa, one of our elder statesmen got up on the wrong side of the bed. :(

That reply was harsh, trollish, hyperbolic and nonresponsive and, come to think of it, have you ever driven (or even seen) this truck?

That's just a rhetorical question, mind you, so we absolutely do not need further discussion, but your belittling hyperbole is unfair to the Seller's chances, as well as to Scott Brady and James Roy, the ones who who bolted on all the "origami." (Of course, if Donahoe coilovers, ARB lockers, Deaver springs, and similar equipment strike you as "origami," well, there's the problem right there.)

And I double checked, and I did not suggest this or any Tacoma is "ferrarri artwork or engineering." What I said was, "You can't build a Ferrari, and you couldn't built this truck, but even if it was fabricated by others, there'd still be a lot of reason to want to own and use either one." I'll stand by that statement.

PS: Not everyone can outfit a Unimog. Not even close, really. ;)

GR8ADV

Explorer
a tacoma isnt a ferrari artwork or engineering no matter how much bolt on origami you achieve.

i think its apt thats its registered as an RV, because essentially, it was RV designing skills on the head of a pin, to get all that in and keep the GVW within spec. anyone can fit out a unimog.

what it does have in common with a ferrari, though, is that its good for two things. 1) its intended purpose 2) stare at.

if it keeps changing hands every 6 months as people use it for trips then finish, that would be cool too. why not? because otherwise, someone is just gonna sit and stare at it.

it would be cost effective to lease it :)

Haha, well that comment is uninformed and, well, reasonably silly. I could not help but chuckle at the first line of your signature "if you wish to appear profound or intelligent on a forum.....

For those interested, I have a truck for sale :)

GR8ADV

Explorer
I see the thread was updated with a new price..is $32k the new price? Thanks.

Yes 32k obo is the new price. There was a global reduction in Origami prices that I am passing on to the customer.

Last edited:

tanner03hd

I'm new to The Portal, but have been a "visitor" here for years always drooling on great builds and trucks. This truck is awesome! Always has been, always will be!

Sorry so many posers and haters have to post their negative comments and opinions on such a great truck. If it doesn't suit your fancy, no biggy, but don't go commenting on your personal tastes and thus, potentially hurt a guys chance to sell something.

Quality build by some quality craftsmen!

Now back to the REAL purpose of the thread.

Good luck with the sale, someone will be getting one of, if not the most capable Tacoma out there.

GR8ADV

Explorer
30 gal of water and 35 gal of fuel. Tent etc put it just at 6000. evenly distribute, of course. 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier