Truck security

Talcabin

Good thread, I've been thinking about this for awhile myself. Almost all the commercial vans I see in the big city have these hidden shackle lock setups on side doors and rear doors:
http://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/M736XKAD

Also,there's some similar ideas here too, I like the one that blocks the key hole: http://doordverki.com/van-door-security-locks/

Jimmy Jammers as well, anybody have thoughts on how effective they are?

What about security film for the windows? I read on Song of the Road blog that the window security film rep told them that two layers of window tint was equal to their window security film strength - ?

I can't seem to find a good source for the hood locks to prevent someone getting under the hood - someone got a source?

Thx,
T

Last edited:

s.e.charles

I like the Club - big visible deterrent. Would you rather have someone break in and then not be able to start the truck... or simply look through the window, see the Club on the steering wheel and move on to easier pickings?
I tend to agree with this theory. maybe not a stand alone measure, but part of the "it's gonna take a couple of extra minutes" school of vandalism.

anyone else weigh in on the value of a less than 50$ part?

loudboy

Observer
I always leave my arm rest compartment/glovebox open and visible, with anything valuable that I cant take with me under a rumpled blanket or jacket in the back. Nobody is going to break into my truck for half a pack of gum, $0.31 in change, and an old hoodie. Anybody looking in will see that I'm demonstrating that everything good has already been removed. Like a strip tease or a bluff: show just enough to be convincing.

s.e.charles

I always leave my arm rest compartment/glovebox open and visible, with anything valuable that I cant take with me under a rumpled blanket or jacket in the back. Nobody is going to break into my truck for half a pack of gum, $0.31 in change, and an old hoodie. Anybody looking in will see that I'm demonstrating that everything good has already been removed. Like a strip tease or a bluff: show just enough to be convincing.

but how do you keep safe the half tube of chap stick?

1538648456030.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior