M101CDN Quest

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Well,

I'm on a quest to attain an M101 CDN trailer. I'll be keeping my eyes out here and drooling over all the build threads. If I spot a good original and clean M416 I'll snag it up. Have a WANT post in the classifieds, any leads appreciated.

Just in case I'm attaining parts for my build. Dropped my the bone yard today and snagged a couple matching and decent shape M416 early gen tail lights. Gonna convert them to 12V. Put amphenol plugs on them, and polish the housings.

tail lights.jpg

Also picked up a neat old DECONTAMINATE canister. Its like a really cool fire extinguisher. cleaned it up, added a couple empty CO2 carts for show and will add it to my artillery collection shelf.

canister.jpg

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Since I have no trailer yet, I'll post progress of the tail light restoration here:

I gutted the housings and have to drill out all the mount holes and tap to larger sizes as 4 of the holes stripped out while trying to extract the broken off screws. The light sockets and brackets are toast and will be replaced with something home made.

I removed the lenses and discovered how dry the gaskets are. I think I'll just be using some RTD or silicone to re-install these. Maybe with the original gasket in lace for spacing.

Housings are ready to be bead blasted in prep for re-finishing. I'm thinking a battleship grey.

light housings.jpg

light bits.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94