Rickashay's 97' LX450 - "Tom Cruiser" Build Thread

upndown

Adventurer
Beautiful scenery as usual! Congrats on the upcoming Nuptials, If she can put up with you and loves to Wheel.. Gotta be a keeper haha! Best of luck to both of you. :sombrero:

rickashay

Explorer
I need to get out that side of the Rockys next year. We are talking about doing a week or so out there exploring.

Keep up the good work, its looking great!

Thanks! If you head out this way, I'd be happy to show you around the Crowsnest Pass area. Just drop me a line before you come!

Beautiful scenery as usual! Congrats on the upcoming Nuptials, If she can put up with you and loves to Wheel.. Gotta be a keeper haha! Best of luck to both of you. :sombrero:

Thank you, Cheers!

absolutely awesome truck!!!!

Very nice truck your building there ;-)

Love the build! Great tire and wheel choice!

Thanks for stopping by! Glad your liking the build.

Update

I did a few odds and ends over the last couple of days. Installed my Blue Sea aux. fuse block under the hood to keep all of my wiring nice and tidy. I made a small square bracket for the fuse block and then attached it to a factory hose routing bracket.

20120904-IMG_1950.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

The previous owner had installed an Aux. Engine Fan that he sourced from an older 4Runner (2nd gen?). I think it was used to help keep the auto transmission fluid cool when towing, if I understood his explanation correctly. When we installed it (I actually did the install a couple years ago helping the PO out) we had to delete the horns to get it to fit. I totally forgot about this little detail when I bought the LX, and it bothered me not having the horn. I changed the fan mountings slightly to allow the horns to fit once more and still clear the hood. I also ran some thicker gauge wiring to negate any future issues with the fan.

20120904-IMG_1949.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Here are a couple photos of the stereo post install. I installed the tweeters in the small plastic panel on the inside of the mirrors while the door panels were off. I thought I was so clever getting them to fit so nicely, until I put the door panels back on and realized that the tweeters would be blocked by the dash when the doors are closed. lol Serves me right for not checking in advance I guess.... I will leave them as-is because even though they are blocked, it still sounds 100% better than before.

Fronts:

20120904-IMG_1942.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Rears:

20120904-IMG_1943.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

Headunit, Lev-o-gauge, and fire extinguisher installed/mounted:

20120904-IMG_1947.jpg by RickaShay24, on Flickr

rickashay

Explorer
Looking good. Thanks for taking the time to post the details of your build.

Nice build thread, I'm enjoying it!

Thanks, cheers!

Wow, the LX looks great! Can't wait to explore your side of the Rockies!

Are you doing any trails over here before your real journey begins? I'd be down to show you around the Crowsnest Pass area if you wanted and if I'm available. It's gorgeous out there!

Looks great Addison, when are you bringing it back to BC?

Hey Mike, thanks! Not too sure to be honest. I've got to get some other things wrapped up before it makes it's retreat to Nelson. My list of wants seems to be growing and my timeline is shrinking, trying to get it ready for my big trip in the spring. On my next day off I'll have the truck sent to LineX and then I start on the armor.

I saw you started a build thread over here... Welcome, officially!

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Are you doing any trails over here before your real journey begins? I'd be down to show you around the Crowsnest Pass area if you wanted and if I'm available. It's gorgeous out there!

We don't have anything planned right now, but we'd love to hit up some mild trails and a good camping spot for a night or two if you have any recommendations!

rickashay

Explorer
Pretty excited, I have a pallet incoming from Slee and it holds numerous 80-Series "mods". Hoping to get it all installed in time for Thanksgiving weekend.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior