100W Portable kit on ebay

Dennx

Adventurer
I offered $230 and got this kit on ebay to recharge my DH 31m battery to keep my new Dometic/Waeco CF50 running. I hope it performs ;) I've got a multimeter ready. ;)

http://r.ebay.com/YeiOCo

$T2eC16dHJH!FFmCFbbkdBR2mJ86jdQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16N,!zUE9s389zFjBR5Jmdjto!~~60_1.JPG

orionkhan

Adventurer
Interested to hear how this works for you. While a regular panel and charge controller could be purchased cheaper, I like the folding/portability of this. Looks like a nice plug n play set up that could be moved between vehicles.

Dennx

Adventurer
Interested to hear how this works for you. While a regular panel and charge controller could be purchased cheaper, I like the folding/portability of this. Looks like a nice plug n play set up that could be moved between vehicles.

I know I could have saved some on individual peices, but I couldn't pass up a 100W folding portable all-in-one kit. I'll be testing it out on a camping trip next week.

orionkhan

Adventurer
Can't wait to hear your report. I may pull the trigger on this soon too. The only thing really holding me back on eBay is the seller not taking returns on it.

Dennx

Adventurer
Yes I did and though not very scientific I'm happy with the results. The fridge was set on the medium cutoff which is about 11.5v. It never cutoff during the 4 days my rig sat at camp. I had the solar panels up all 4 days but I never adjusted for the suns path because I was out fishing all day. I set it and forgot it. I use a Die Hard Platinum 31m marine battery. On the fifth day my FJ started right up and my Ultraguage showed battery voltage at over 13 volts.

dstock

Explorer
What gauge wire is the 30ft connecting wire? I think I am going to go the route as well but want to put in an anderson plug.

Thanks.
-Dave

Dennx

Adventurer
What gauge wire is the 30ft connecting wire? I think I am going to go the route as well but want to put in an anderson plug.

Thanks.
-Dave

It's 14awg. I'll eventually upgrade it all to 10awg MC4 wires and plugs.

orionkhan

Adventurer
Yes I did and though not very scientific I'm happy with the results. The fridge was set on the medium cutoff which is about 11.5v. It never cutoff during the 4 days my rig sat at camp. I had the solar panels up all 4 days but I never adjusted for the suns path because I was out fishing all day. I set it and forgot it. I use a Die Hard Platinum 31m marine battery. On the fifth day my FJ started right up and my Ultraguage showed battery voltage at over 13 volts.

Thanks for the report!

dstock

Explorer
I ordered one of these as well, did the "make offer" on Ebay and ended up at the same $230.

Should have it by early next week, I will add my findings to this thread if the OP doesn't mind.

dstock

Explorer
Got my ebay solar kit as well. More sturdy then I expected.

Question for Dennx, did you have to do any programming with the controller or did you just hook to your battery and go?

orionkhan

Adventurer
Got my ebay solar kit as well. More sturdy then I expected.

Question for Dennx, did you have to do any programming with the controller or did you just hook to your battery and go?

Ha! I pulled the triggered and ordered one too. I was just going to ask the same question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94