1966 m416 fully restored questions

QZing

pm replied to.....

ALSO I wanted to mention the trailer has a 5 lug pattern not a six lug. I was told it was a six lug toyota fj pattern and after a forum member pointed it out It looks like the trailer is only 5 lug stock bolt pattern. I apologize for the misinformation.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I really hate to be the Debbie downer on this. But some things in the picture do not jive. I have never seen shocks, cotter keys, and bolt threads powdercoated before. It looks like some serious spray painting has been done. But to me this is not as pristine as it appears at first glance. I would not buy sight unseen. Just a word of caution.

QZing

I appreciate your concern I am not an authority on these trailers. Thats why i came to this forum. I traded another item for it. I was told it was powder coated and all the information I am sharing about it I got from the previous owner. I can tell you it looks better in person than it does in my pictures and came from a very reputable business owner here locally. I am really not sure what you mean by caution.. It's a trailer there really isn't that much to them. If it was painted and i dont think it was, they did a hell of a job, how many safety chains have you seen evenly painted with no paint lines??? Spray painted that's a bit rude...

I would love for you to take a look at in person. I know it's not to the caliber of some of the amazing trailers on this forum but for an unmolested m416 I have not seen many better most are rust buckets with bad floors, holes, tailgates, replace hitches, etc. that many pay not much less than what i am asking for this trailer. I am an honest guy and I do respect the opinions of others so take as much caution as you would like and you have an open invitation to come by and look at it in person anytime you would like.

I really hate to be the Debbie downer on this. But some things in the picture do not jive. I have never seen shocks, cotter keys, and bolt threads powdercoated before. It looks like some serious spray painting has been done. But to me this is not as pristine as it appears at first glance. I would not buy sight unseen. Just a word of caution.

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
It appears to have been assembled and painted. Rubber grommets can not be powder coated. Normally when a trailer has been totally restored the threads are visible on the bolts, the cotter keys are shiney. Not saying it has not been powdercoated, just that some of it appears to be freshly painted. Which is not saying it is bad. Just that it is not what I expect when I see completely restored. It appears to be a very straight trailer. No one on this board knows you as you are a new member, again nothing wrong with that. Just a word of caution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior