Importing a a landcruiser

cmbeck

Hi, Fellow cruiser folks,I am trying to buy and import an Australian cruiser. I have been emailing with Phil from austousa.com but I am nervous about sending money abroad. Has anyone used his service, or do any of you know of a solid outfit that could help me get the truck bought, delivered to port, packed and shipped?I would appreciate any input, I know some of you have been through this process and it would be a big help.

cmbeck

How does that work ? With buying the truck, loading ,shipping, customs, lots of separate transactions.Have you done this?

cmbeck

How does that work ? With buying the truck, loading ,shipping, customs, lots of separate transactions.Have you done this?

Expedition Leader

The escrow service acts as a safe go-between, for a fee of course. You send them the money for the item; when they get the full amount, they notify the seller and he ships it. When you get the thing you bought in good condition, you notify the escrow service and they release the money to the seller.

I've never used an escrow service for a vehicle, only for other stuff (expensive musical instruments).

addicted56

Adventurer
Phil is out of Western Washington State, not Austrailia. At least that is my understanding. From my readings seemed to be an honest guy and never heard of any issues with him.

Mhall10407

You might want to check on ih8mud.com as I believe I have seen him post over there so others may have comments. What kind of cruiser you getting?

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Awesome, is it a Ute (pickup) or a Troupy/wagon??? Can't wait to see her aye. Be sure to post pictures so we can all be jealous of you and secretly curse you for having the good fortune to have such a neat truck here in the US ;)

Cheers

Dave

cmbeck

Hey,sorry I am just now getting back to this post but here is the update.My troopy got here at the end of October and I have been working on it since then. I have it registered and on the road and have made a bunch of headway but still have quite a way to go, but I wouldn't be afraid to cross the states today, drivetrain and mech. systems are done and I am on to upgrades and cosmetics.
I will get around to posting pics but I haven't taken many thus far.In the meantime I will say that Phil from aus to usa is a great guy and made this transaction as hassle free as possible. Troopy was delivered to my door and was in better shape than I had expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles