The Fake Jeep Not a Real Cruiser Thread

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Will probably do a tranny fluid change just for piece of mind to have some fresh synthetic in there. Good to know about the idiot light. I am putting a bit of faith into Toyota's historical practice of overenginsering things for the specs. I have a pretty strong background in towing and have what I believe is a good feel for how hard I am pushing a vehicle and making it work. I have yet to feel like the FJ is working very hard for what I have done with it yet. We have a steady 5 mile grade out of town here and I find myself passing slower traffic without much issue.

My new at the time 2005 1500 Silverado with the 5.3 had to work pretty hard towing a likely lighter trailer and had to really hold a lower gear since it made power pretty high in the rpm range.

I met with a factory rep for this camper before purchasing and it was specifically designed to be towed by mid sized SUV's and half tons. He seemed to think an FJ would have little issue since 4Runners were considered a target vehicle for this model. All I can say is, time will tell. We probably have two more outings with the camper before I winterize it. Next spring it will likely be making a trip to the west coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior