Our 2003, 7.3L, 4x4

medicfernando

Adventurer
Hello all. This is our 2003 7.3L, 4x4, EB50 floor plan. The 4x4 was done by Advanced Four Wheel Drive and we have been very happy with the conversion. It has 4.10 gears and a LSD rear diff. The van has starcool, 4 cubic foot fridge, remote start and lots of other cool gadgets. The wheels are Pro Comp and the tires BFG AT K/O 285/75-16. We stayed with 16's for a better ride and better off road ride and air down ability. Here are a few pics. Cheers!
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg

Last edited:

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Great looking van!! The holy grail of SMBs right there my friend.
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

lndhark

Adventurer
I love it! How do you like the conversion so far? I saw your post on the SMB forum as well and think it looks great.

Advanced kind of mimics the Quigley conversion, right? Coils up front, F-Super Duty x-fer case, front axle, etc? What did they use for rear springs and shocks?

Congrats and enjoy!

Jim

Last edited:

medicfernando

Adventurer
I love it! How do you like the conversion so far? I saw your post on the SMB forum as well and think it looks great.

Advanced kind of mimics the Quigley conversion, right? Coils up front, F-Super Duty x-fer case, front axle, etc? What did they use for rear springs and shocks?

Congrats and enjoy!

Jim
Thanks Jim! The Advanced conversion is quite different than the Quigley. Advanced uses leafs up front easier maintenance and compared with friends which have the Quigley, a much tighter turning radius. The ride is better than stock and quite spectacular. The front axle is a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears and Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. The rear springs are stock with an add a leaf and a welded in block and also Rancho 9000's in the rear. The transfer case is an F-550 case with a 2.72 low range. Again, I have been super impressed with the ride. I have not had it off road yet but in low range it crawls really nicely and with the rear limited slip it should do very well. Any other questions let me know. Cheers, Fernando

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
What a beautiful truck! Being in SLC you have some really great places to take that thing out and let it strut on the trails! I do not think I could wait, I would have had it up A/F Canyon the first weekend I had it home!

Well it looks great, congrats.

medicfernando

Adventurer
What a beautiful truck! Being in SLC you have some really great places to take that thing out and let it strut on the trails! I do not think I could wait, I would have had it up A/F Canyon the first weekend I had it home!

Well it looks great, congrats.

Thank you very much! We are headed out tomorrow for a couple week adventure. BTW, thank you for your service! Cheers

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Let me know when your out my way...WA state
ugy5e8ep.jpg

Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
SWEET van, medicfernando! In the process of designing my interior now and think the EB 50 is a great starting point. Do you especially love/hate any particular interior details? Do you ever wish you had a walk-through plan?

medicfernando

Adventurer
Thanks a lot! We love the 50 floor plan. With two big dogs it is much roomier than a pass through. My buddy has a pass through and it doesn't feel as roomy to me. My counters are a little taller than standard which is great since I am 6'3". Also, definitely get the bigger fridge. We have the large fridge and can fit most all the food we need for at least 7-10 days on the road. We freeze meat for each day and rotate drinks into the fridge as needed to keep them cool. A rear A/C is a must to keep the interior cool while driving through a hot area. Any other questions, please ask. Fernando

SWEET van, medicfernando! In the process of designing my interior now and think the EB 50 is a great starting point. Do you especially love/hate any particular interior details? Do you ever wish you had a walk-through plan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke