Interest in African Outback Moon roof tent

NGUDE

Observer
I was in the market for an African Outback Moon Roof tent and thought I might see who else is. As there's no stateside dealer, I'm assuming if we organize a group buy, we could save a bit.

this is the tent in question.

http://www.outbackgroup.co.za/compo...top-tents/moon-roof-tent-detail.html?Itemid=0

it's very low profile when closed, and has great ergonomics when in-use. If there's any interest, i'm more than happy to contact AO and see if we can get a decent rate.

rover3

I have an ALMOST new AO safari tent with the rare "moon roof"

hey what's going on guys I thought I would reply to this real quick rather than setup my own post...

I actually talked with a custom fab shop here in houston last week about making a rack for me because I have yet to mount this properly and sad to say havn't used it in the 2 years I have had it. I purchased it from another member here in town who was kind of parting out his fj, I havn't seen him around but he seemed very reputable and looked me in the eye and said it had been used less than 5 times and I 110% agree with that. Anyway, I have all the mounting bolts, the original "flyer" with all paperwork and mounting guide, original telescoping ladder, all accessories with it, pockets, rainfly poles, etc..

at this point I think it's easier for me to sell it to someone now and i'm just either going to get a complete arb rack/tent combo , or maybe just sleep out of a hammock like old man gunther did with otto lol

this is also branded "technitop" in some places and has the (rare?) button stamping on the bottom that is very durable and provides for more insulation.
has the bed in it with "mattress" . It smells new when you get in it. Again, I have NEVER used it. only mounted it to my rig a few times . (too much sliding around , I had it yakima bars , and it just had too much play) almost lost it on the highway, not good feeling.

I am willing to settle on something reasonable for the newest tent you can get without it being 'new'

I can send pics, answer questions, whatever. just let me know

thanks,

Jason 281 832 4170

Last edited:

rover3

I have an ALMOST new AO safari tent with the rare "moon roof"

hey what's going on guys I thought I would reply to this real quick rather than setup my own post...

I actually talked with a custom fab shop here in houston last week about making a rack for me because I have yet to mount this properly and sad to say havn't used it in the 2 years I have had it. I purchased it from another member here in town who was kind of parting out his fj, I havn't seen him around but he seemed very reputable and looked me in the eye and said it had been used less than 5 times and I 110% agree with that. Anyway, I have all the mounting bolts, the original "flyer" with all paperwork and mounting guide, original telescoping ladder, all accessories with it, pockets, rainfly poles, etc..

at this point I think it's easier for me to sell it to someone now and i'm just either going to get a complete arb rack/tent combo , or maybe just sleep out of a hammock like old man gunther did with otto lol

this is also branded "technitop" in some places and has the (rare?) button stamping on the bottom that is very durable and provides for more insulation.
has the bed in it with "mattress" . It smells new when you get in it. Again, I have NEVER used it. only mounted it to my rig a few times . (too much sliding around , I had it yakima bars , and it just had too much play) almost lost it on the highway, not good feeling.

I am willing to take something reasonable for the newest tent you can get without it being 'new"

I can send pics, answer questions, whatever. just let me know

thanks,

Jason 281 832 4170

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier