The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

klp42

Any brave souls engineer a way to get the Siennas to recline a bit more? It would be great to get them closer to horizontal for napping.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Any brave souls engineer a way to get the Siennas to recline a bit more? It would be great to get them closer to horizontal for napping.

Take a look at the picture on the previous page... See the two little 'ears' sticking up at top of the hinge mechanism? One tab stops forward travel of the seat back, the other reward or reclining travel. I haven't tried it yet but that's where I'd start looking at things.

joefromsf

Anybody know how much the non-reclining cloth captains chairs weigh?

I currently only use my first row bench seat, and occasionally remove it for more space. But it is very heavy and awkward to remove/reinstall. Seems like a pair of Sienna seats would be easier to handle and more comfortable as well. Like the idea of the L-Track for install also.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader

I currently only use my first row bench seat, and occasionally remove it for more space. But it is very heavy and awkward to remove/reinstall. Seems like a pair of Sienna seats would be easier to handle and more comfortable as well. Like the idea of the L-Track for install also.

They are easily lifted by one adult.

OtterHome

I just removed that bench for the very same reason. The Siennas are incredibly lightweight for their size. I can move them easily, and I can't lift anything. Another great plus... the nice aisle you get down the middle. Need something in the back? Just walk right through.

joefromsf

They are easily lifted by one adult.

I just removed that bench for the very same reason. The Siennas are incredibly lightweight for their size. I can move them easily, and I can't lift anything. Another great plus... the nice aisle you get down the middle. Need something in the back? Just walk right through.

Thanks for your replies. Seems like a no brainer. Now to start my search for a pair.

Last edited:

joefromsf

Anyone have an idea if the the UJoint Sienna fixed seat mounts work on the previous generation 2nd row Sienna seats, which according to wikipedia was 2003-2010? Just trying to expand my search a bit.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
So I was lucky enough to score a set of MG's front Sienna seat mounts and all I can say is wow. These things are very very nice. Fully engineered and over built with features like recessed mount holes, holes for socket access and other cut outs for tool access. The mounts fit perfectly with no work required by the end user for a good fit. Those of you who have added enough aftermarket items to your rigs know what I'm talking about.

My wife was skeptical over the passenger side rotating mount until she sat in it, now she's totally sold on it. Adding Sienna seats to the front with these mounts are a total game changer for Econolines. I leave in a few days for a two week trip in the van and I can't wait now that the seats have been changed.

Top notch product and design MG!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
So I was lucky enough to score a set of MG's front Sienna seat mounts and all I can say is wow. These things are very very nice. Fully engineered and over built with features like recessed mount holes, holes for socket access and other cut outs for tool access. The mounts fit perfectly with no work required by the end user for a good fit. Those of you who have added enough aftermarket items to your rigs know what I'm talking about.

My wife was skeptical over the passenger side rotating mount until she sat in it, now she's totally sold on it. Adding Sienna seats to the front with these mounts are a total game changer for Econolines. I leave in a few days for a two week trip in the van and I can't wait now that the seats have been changed.

Top notch product and design MG!

Thank you so much for the great review! :beer:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Ross earlier in the thread the front seat mounts are discussed. Your only option right now is to wait until Ujoint Off-Road starts selling them. A deal between MG and Chris @ Ujoint was reached and Chris will be your only option for these specific mounts.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We just sold 4 sets like they were being given away, as soon as I get back from vacation we'll get the process started! Will keep everyone posted, thanks.

hogasm

Observer
When you get back I want a passenger swivel base

Just got home from a 6500 mile trip and my stock Ford sets are in need of the trash can

Rotary Rocket

I recently purchased a 2006 E350 XLT and wanted to change the front seats. In my research I came across this thread. Great job MG for developing the seat mounts.

Ujoint, how do I get on your waiting list for these front seat mounts?

I checked the ebaY, and local Craigslist for the recliners but no 2015 Grey leather available. Anyone have a source for them?

Great forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier