Family Trip Colorado July 2013

jackkent

This is one great family adventure. Exposing your children at the very young age in this kind of family trip is so cool. I wish I had this kind of adventure with my family when I was young but sad to say, my parents were all so busy with their work. That's the reason why we did not have this kind of family bonding.

Great adventure you got in there. Wishing you and your family the best and goodluck on your next family adventure.

unabashedpraise

Adventurer
This is one great family adventure. Exposing your children at the very young age in this kind of family trip is so cool. I wish I had this kind of adventure with my family when I was young but sad to say, my parents were all so busy with their work. That's the reason why we did not have this kind of family bonding.

Great adventure you got in there. Wishing you and your family the best and goodluck on your next family adventure.

I completely understand. As a kid I went to Colorado once and Florida once, that was about it. I wasn't neglected by any means, but we didn't do a lot of vacationing.

My wife on the other hand has been everywhere. I stopped trying to plan a trip to places she hasn't been because we can't afford to go to those places! At one point on our trip I remember saying something about how we have never been in a certain area and she agreed. A little while later she said she recognized the town we were going through. I give up!

Great thread and pics! Thanks for sharing the story. Crazy coincidence? We were in Tride the same time as you guys. I remember the landslide. We had to take Last Dollar Road up and out because the highway was closed. What a rainstorm, eh?

Safe travels!

wc

unabashedpraise

Adventurer
Great thread and pics! Thanks for sharing the story. Crazy coincidence? We were in Tride the same time as you guys. I remember the landslide. We had to take Last Dollar Road up and out because the highway was closed. What a rainstorm, eh?

Safe travels!

wc

It was quite the rainy week, "monsoon season" is what we were told the locals call it. Co definitely needed the rain though, we saw a lot of burned acreage.
In Telluride we wanted to visit bridal falls but the road was still closed due to mud slides. With all the rain we definitely didn't think doing any harder trails like poughkeepsie gulch was a good idea. Especially since we were not running with anyone.

RugerTrailer

The Trailer Guy
I'm heading to cripple creek later this year to our family 'cabin'. I'll be looking back at your report for some roads to explore in that area. Thanks for the detailed write ups, I know how long they take to do.

unabashedpraise

Adventurer
I'm heading to cripple creek later this year to our family 'cabin'. I'll be looking back at your report for some roads to explore in that area. Thanks for the detailed write ups, I know how long they take to do.

I definitely spent more time on this than I thought I would. Luckily I was bored and it was nice to look back through everything. Hopefully next year we will have a much nicer camera for better pics.

I definitely wish we had a family cabin in co!

xlcaferacer

Adventurer
glad you guys had fun. I was in Telluride with my wife for our anniversary on our motorcycle during that same time, the mudslides were bad. We are getting ready to spend a week wheeling and camping in the san juans next week for my 40th birthday. Day one involves the Ouray beer fest on Saturday. Great start for a trip huh? Next time in the area go check out the Colorado Boy brewery in Ridgway, they make some of the best beer I have tasted and they will sell you a growler (1/2 gallon) to take back to the campsite. Campfire and craft beer, mmm....

unabashedpraise

Adventurer
glad you guys had fun. I was in Telluride with my wife for our anniversary on our motorcycle during that same time, the mudslides were bad. We are getting ready to spend a week wheeling and camping in the san juans next week for my 40th birthday. Day one involves the Ouray beer fest on Saturday. Great start for a trip huh? Next time in the area go check out the Colorado Boy brewery in Ridgway, they make some of the best beer I have tasted and they will sell you a growler (1/2 gallon) to take back to the campsite. Campfire and craft beer, mmm....

If i had known Ridgeway had a brewery I definitely would have stopped! All the more reason to go back..especially for the Ouray Beer Fest. I'm going to have to look into that for next year.

unabashedpraise

Adventurer

If i had known Ridgeway had a brewery I definitely would have stopped! All the more reason to go back..especially for the Ouray Beer Fest. I'm going to have to look into that for next year.

xlcaferacer

Adventurer
Just got back from my week wheeling the San Juans. Hopefully I will post a report and pics sometime this week. Beer fest was fun. Only about a dozen brewers this year though. Apparently Durango has their beerfest the same weekend. Let me know if you want awheelin partner for a day or two next time you come out.

Willman

Great write up!! Thanks for sharing. It is great to see young families hitting the trail. Way to go!

I like this part..."Need to move to CO".....Priceless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke