Keep the 20 gallon H2O tank in my Toyota Sunrader or use multiple jerry cans instead?

magentawave

Adventurer
I just gutted a little 18' Toyota Sunrader motorhome that I'm rebuilding and it has a built-in Ronco square plastic water tank that probably holds about 20 gallons. I'm wondering if I should keep this built-in water tank or go for simplicity and use multiple 5 gallon plastic jerry containers with handles for all my drinking and cleaning water?? I like simple so I'm leaning more towards yanking out the big tank and using jerry cans ONLY. Just looking for opinions here. Can you see any reason why I should keep the big 20 gallon built-in tank?

Thanks!

getout

Adventurer
You gutted a rader? I did the same thing and have the exact same question.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Honu

lost on the mainland
can it be plumbed in for easy access washing hands at picnic stop vs dragging out a can ? that would be my reasons to keep it :)

wash water only ?

any pics of this thing :)

magentawave

Adventurer
Yes the big tank could be plumbed into my kitchen sink with a manual foot pump but I can easily connect a 5 gallon plastic can to to my sink in seconds and disconnect it too. The difference is that the 5 gallon cans are easy to fill and move around and after filling I won't have to then fill up the big permanent tank.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I know my conqueror had tanks that were quite large and easy to get to on the back which we found really handy :)

guess I like having lots of wash water handy cause of kids :)

getout

Adventurer
My reason for thinking 5 gal tanks was they're easier to clean and easier to fill at random spigots. The big tank seems nice but mine looks pretty dirty and it's from 1990.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior