Motion X GPS HD v21 released

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
But now my iPad will not boot to the point where it shows up in iTunes.

It keeps switching between the Apple logo and a frozen progress wheel. Literally for 2+ days straight. Will not fully boot up at all. Just about had it with the whole iPad system.

RobRed

Explorer
Understand technology can be frustrating sometime... But the iPad and motion X GPS have been flawless, 100% reliable in field.

robgendreau

Explorer
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the sleep/wake button on the top and the "home" button (round bottom one) together for 10 seconds. You might have to restore from your backup, which might be a good thing since you can delete MotionX and reinstall from your computer rather than downloading directly to your iPad.

soonenough

Explorer
Anyone update to V22 recently? This thread had me holding off from updating my iPad; just wondering if maybe there has been an update on the MotionX side to address any of these issues, or if it's still a 'use at your own risk' upgrade. FWIW I'm running an iPad2 3G version.

rbrownmr2

Observer
Thank you RobRed for making a lengthy and somewhat daunting task, for myself anyways, into a streamlined process. The video on tlcfaq.com along with the map links were very helpful.

cs0430

Maybe someone can help me out here...

I'm trying to use this app for the first time this weekend to give me a route to a campsite and track my driving around.

I have the campground waypoint set, but when I hit 'navigate' it just gives me a 'as the crow flies' navigation. That will be great when I eventually get helicopter money, but I'd like it to show me the route with roads, N-Roads, etc.

I don't need turn-by-turn directions like MotionXDrive seems to give you, just a layout of what roads to take...

robgendreau

Explorer
Maybe someone can help me out here...

I'm trying to use this app for the first time this weekend to give me a route to a campsite and track my driving around.

I have the campground waypoint set, but when I hit 'navigate' it just gives me a 'as the crow flies' navigation. That will be great when I eventually get helicopter money, but I'd like it to show me the route with roads, N-Roads, etc.

I don't need turn-by-turn directions like MotionXDrive seems to give you, just a layout of what roads to take...

Motion X doesn't plot routes for you. You'd have to make a breadcrumb trail on the map of your choice, and navigate from waypoint to waypoint. People often use other web based mapping software to draw a route, then download the route in an appropriate format for Motion X to use. But it's still point to point; if you want the follow the road type navigation you want Drive.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Is there a MotionX GPS for dummies thread on here? Im about to buy an iPad and will have motion x on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne