tarps for your M416

7slotgrills

Observer
I think there is a day left on Ebay I can try or I'll post it on my website.
I'm hearing good things about this top.Side note I was in Lowes last night and I found some spay paint Rustoleum Spurce green look like it might
be good for army drab. Don't know if it comes in the can. Update: Just found this Rustoleum also
makes a Army Green in a spray can.

Last edited:

7slotgrills

Observer
I have not put my camo tarp on yet. It's snowing here and I have to mount the tarp bows. But here is a picture of the same camo tarp on a M01 from Canada.

slosurfer

Adventurer
stick said:
7slot - can you post some pics when you get it?

I posted a pic of mine earlier in this thread. Is there a certain angle or something that you are looking for? If I don't already have the pics, I can easily take detail shots.:D

stick

Adventurer
Is there enough fabric to put some bows under the tarp for drainage? It looks like the camo cover in the pic you posted just fits and if you tried to put any bows under the cover the cover would be too short.

slosurfer

Adventurer
stick said:
Is there enough fabric to put some bows under the tarp for drainage? It looks like the camo cover in the pic you posted just fits and if you tried to put any bows under the cover the cover would be too short.

Yes there is room for some bows, I just bailed about 10 gallons of water off of mine and it was still perfect around the edges. I'll see if I have a pic of it loaded as it is usually packed up above the rails.
Here's one:
IMG_6256.jpg

Here's a detail of the ends of the rubber rope that hook on the center loop in the rear.
IMG_5780.jpg

Robert Bills

Explorer
The CDN M-101 and US M-416 have tubs slightly larger than the MBT/T3, T3-C and M100 trailers, and the tarps for the CDN M-101 and US M-416 are slightly larger than the tarps for earlier military and civilian 1/4 ton trailers. Thus, there is ample fabric for a drainage bow arrangement on the earlier trailers.

As for the fit of Canadian tarp with drainage bow on both the CDN M-101 and US M-416, bear in mind that you don't need much lift, only about 2" per foot from the center line of the tub. That's only 4" total, and still won't result in the tarp being too short to cover the tub rails.

This type of arrangement will work fine:

trailerfix.JPG

Dezdan

Observer
Other Sources?

Long time lurker first time poster here.

Has anyone else found a source for the CDN M101 poly trailer tarps?

I contacted Todd at Surplus Canada, Inc, and he informed me that his facility was burglarized and his stock of tarps was stolen. At this time he has no more tarps.

I should have purchased one last year, but I didn't want to put the cart before the horse as I didn't yet have my M416.

Thanks,
~Dan

Airborne Lee

Observer
I went to Feildmans' (SP?) and got a 5x7 canvas tarp and additional brass eyelets and made on for under $40. It took about 15 minutes! I did trash it by leaving it on for a long time in the rain but it worked great!

ALF

Observer
They hold up excellent. mine has been stored outside for 5 plus years and has not shown any uv damage, cracking or ripping.

I want some of this material in bulk so I can make a new top for the chuck wagon.

Higly recommended materail.

Alf

Bostonian1976

question:

did you guys hem off the sides of the homemade covers?

I picked up a nice tan 6x8 canvas from tractor supply co - it would be great to use it with some new brass grommets, but I imagine there's a lot of tailoring involved?

Airborne Lee

Observer
question:

did you guys hem off the sides of the homemade covers?

I picked up a nice tan 6x8 canvas from tractor supply co - it would be great to use it with some new brass grommets, but I imagine there's a lot of tailoring involved?

mine was already done so all I had to do was additional eyelets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier