Alto Safari teardrop

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Well, they certainly want you to know they have a US Patent 7,488,030, without looking it up, I'd bet it has to do with the automatic roof opening and side/rear filler. There is a similar pop-up in other configurations, so that's not new.

But....WOW! That is a nice trailer! Looks nicer than a Holiday Inn Express! Also bet it's $$,$$$, not in the teens either.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Pretty big... ...too big to be a "trail"er. Good for state parks and other semi-rustic roadtrip adventures.
If it had bigger tires and some lift, might have enough departure angle to get where we usually camp. But in stock trim ---- doubt it.

John E Davies

Adventurer
Who will be selling them in the USA? They need to establish at least a few service centers for warranty work across the USA - I would never buy one if I had to go into Canada for repairs.

$$$? They start at $25,000 Canadian.

I'm trying to imagine one with a lift and bigger tires ...... nah! Too darned fragile and vulnerable for even secondary forest roads. Never mind a real trail. I like them tho.

http://rpmcanada.ca/trucks/?p=1352

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnI-nsSzBoA

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
For as large as it is, I really do not see the reason for buying one. A regular trailer the same length offers a lot more useable space, and most likely better axle placement. This is not, nor could it ever be made into a real off road trailer. It really is quite heavy when you compare size and weights to useable space.

madmax718

Explorer
I love the thing. It is pricey though. Its very penthouse- condo-esq. They use a lot of poly carbonate and glass for that airy feel. I've watched almost every video on it. It is very modern, and has a similar higher end feel (like the airstream).

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
For as large as it is, I really do not see the reason for buying one. A regular trailer the same length offers a lot more useable space, and most likely better axle placement. This is not, nor could it ever be made into a real off road trailer. It really is quite heavy when you compare size and weights to useable space.

I got the impression they're trying to push the "aerodynamic" advantage... By showing it being towed behind a brick.

GlennA

Adventurer
Weight consideration

With and empty weight of over 1700 lbs, it will quickly exceed the capability of most small cars and SUV's. Looks nice though. I will keep my A-Liner Ranger.

lhuyviet

Anyone seen one in person? Or have one?

Appears to be a great concept, anyway there isnt much online about them so I was trying to find additional info from someone other than the manufacturer.

Well, I have seen one, they are nice and well build, At that time, we look at them, because we where looking for a hard panel camper, big enough to sleep 4, but fuel efficient. Still you need a car that can tow at least 1 725 lb + the equipment. Can it be an expedition trailer? Probably not without some major modification and 17' trailer is quiet big.

So in the end, we decided to buy a 12 year's old Safari Condo SX for our first road trip. They don't do them anymore, but the quality and their service center is really good, unfortunately, we have to sell it.

Cheers,

Huy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles