LR4 Reliability

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
We are thinking about getting a new LR4. The only thing I'm worried about is the reliability. We plan on keeping it for a long time. How reliable of a vehicle is it over 100k miles? I know the repairs can be expensive so I am a little apprehensive considering Land Rovers past reliability issues.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
The LR4 is relatively new, so long-term reliability is difficult to predict. However, the LR3 and the MKIII Range Rover have both proven to be an order of magnitude more reliable than their predecessors. I have an LR4 and it has been 100% reliable in the 11,000 miles we have been driving it.

0b09655ce26311e2bfae22000a9e0782_7.jpg

LR Max

Local Oaf
The only issue with these trucks is the reputation of its predecessors...which are 100% completely different from the new trucks.

I'd say since 2005~2007 era, Land Rover has produced quality, reliable, durable, and capable vehicles. You should be fine when compared to other European Luxury vehicles.

Contractor

I really, really want an LR4 and have asked similar questions on other boards. I generally get the response that LR Max posted above..........these trucks are not even comparable to their predecessors and are pretty reliable. I have a buddy that's a tech for a local Land Rover dealer and he agrees that they are really good and reliable vehicles.

I've been looking for several months and may decide to scoop one up in the near future.

LR Max

Local Oaf
I really, really want an LR4 and have asked similar questions on other boards. I generally get the response that LR Max posted above..........these trucks are not even comparable to their predecessors and are pretty reliable. I have a buddy that's a tech for a local Land Rover dealer and he agrees that they are really good and reliable vehicles.

I've been looking for several months and may decide to scoop one up in the near future.

X2. I REALLY want one. However I can't swing it and my current commute (60 miles/day) doesn't make sense to own one. However I am looking at the LR3 if I am able to reduce my commute.

Also I want a LR3 so it'll pair well with my Series 3. I can say I have a Series 3...for my Series 3.

overlander

Expedition Leader
With all this talk of LR indicating that it will bring in diesels in next few years, I'd be holding out for that. A diesel LR4 is going to be worth the wait!

Dmarchand

Adventurer
For what reason on the diesel? I'm not one to throw stones given I converted a NAS truck to diesel. But in LR4 form, my reasons for diesel swapping (no electronics, mileage) could never be addressed. I think the product itself is perfect for our market. We are rarely more than 100 miles from a gas station. And an aftermarket aux fuel tank solves the mileage debate. You can't simplify the electronics on it anymore. So I ask why wait? 400hp is quite nice.

Jwestpro

Explorer
agreed. I was being lazy with math. 32 imp mpg is 26 mpg us

That may only be the all around average. The highway rating is 8L/100km which = 29.4 mpg US. I know that on trips I'd see 30 mpg for sure with the 5-10% taller tires and all that torque.

madmax718

Explorer
THats like 50% more miles per gallon, and I believe more torque too. Guess it depends if you tow or not as well. Just depends on the price premium they will charge.

Scott Brady

Founder
The diesel is a wonderful motor. Having driven both the V8 and the diesel, I would take the diesel any day. More than adequate performance, 40-50% better economy and longer service life.

Having said that, the V8 really is an incredible motor. Even at nearly 7,000lbs, our LR4 flat moves when asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke