Slee SliderStep

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Just got word that Slee is now selling a new design for 05+ Tacoma sliders. Unlike other designs, the Slee model provides a large, flat surface for easy stepping in and out of the cab (similar to his LC sliders). The other thing I noticed is the smart design using countersunk bolts for the lower mounts to the frame. At least half the bolt heads on my current sliders have been damaged to the point where I'll probably have to drill them out.

Check 'em out! What do you guys think?

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/tacoma07_sliders.htm

sof1111-450-2.jpg

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Looks great! Mine are weld on's from Stubbs that I plated w/ 1/8" diamond tread before installing. It really helps keep the road grim/trail debris off the truck.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Good job Slee

Crud! If only I would've waited a few more months. Those things are PERFECT.

slooowr6

Explorer
Looks really really well built. The price reflects that too, $895 not including shipping. When all say and done should be around $1k. :(

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
That's cool they decided to make them for the pickup too, we have them on our 80 series. They're great.

We originally ordered the round tube, but received the step version on accident. I said the heck with it, it's a expedition rig and i'll need the step to get to the roof rack. Happy i stuck with them. They are nice to get out and stand to look out forward on the trail too when in mud or stuck in water.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Yea - the price will chase a few people away, but Slee is offering a new/different design, and unquestionable quality that no other manufacturer can offer. I was after such a design when I was shopping for my sliders, but no one was making a DIY version of a relatively flat slider with a top plate for easy stepping. Custom fab was the only option. I think there's a market out there for this style, especially for the ExPo-like crowd.

slooowr6

Explorer
No doubt is a quality design. Just by looking a the piece bolt to the cross member you can see a lot of work has gone into the slider.

tacollie

Glamper
Those are sweet. I hate there stuff because it makes me feel okay spending the premium they charge for their stuff. I have their sliders on my 02 and haven't regretted it for a single moment.

cid 96

Observer
slider install

Just got my Slee slider put on this past weekend and I am amazed at how well they fit, I mean ever bolt hole lined up perfect. I really do think these sliders will strengthen the frame a lot.

Will post picks tommorrow.

Sid

Overland Hadley

on a journey
cid 96 said:
Just got my Slee slider put on this past weekend and I am amazed at how well they fit, I mean ever bolt hole lined up perfect. I really do think these sliders will strengthen the frame a lot.

Will post picks tommorrow.

Sid

Look forward to the photos. And welcome to Expo!

Willman

slooowr6 said:
Looks really really well built. The price reflects that too, $895 not including shipping. When all say and done should be around $1k. :(

Looks like a great slider!...Seem the 80 LC version in person....They do good work....

But...

Making my living in the steel business.....They are asking way to much money for those....People are going to pass them up due to the price......I could see $595 to compete with the market......If i was them....I would go back to the drawing table and try to lower the cost to get more of the market.

Just my .02 cents

soonenough

Explorer
Willman said:
They are asking way to much money for those....People are going to pass them up due to the price......I could see $595 to compete with the market......If i was them....I would go back to the drawing table and try to lower the cost to get more of the market.
x2. That price is absurd...for $945 I can get an ARB bumper, and still have cash left over. And no one is gonna convince me that there's more engineering in a set of sliders than there is in an airbag-compliant bumper.

They do look nice though :drool:

cid 96

Observer
slider pics

^I agree, lots of money for these sliders, but my last truck was an 80 series LC and everything for it was expensive so I am used to it.

I also installed some Budbuillt skids at the same time. I hope between the skids and the slider that this will help to strengthen the frame.

Sid

Attachments

• 101-0191_IMG.JPG
    101-0191_IMG.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 101-0194_IMG.JPG
    101-0194_IMG.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 101-0192_IMG.JPG
    101-0192_IMG.JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 51

Forum statistics