Black Rock Desert Overland Adventure

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words Big50! It is a really cool area that I will be going back to sometime for sure. You'll have a BLAST out there with your Raptor! Look forward to seeing photos from your adventures :)

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Great pics and a great adventure. I just don't get the point of doing doughnuts on such a pristine Playa though.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Some ideas learned from this trip will be for sure included in the next EE rig Jeepin_Idaho, but none of the vehicles pictured will be the next EE rig.

I hear you Vegas_Nick. Was a great trip and we might have gotten a little excited with the solitude and photography. I'm actually itching to get back and see the place after a year of weathering and see the effects of our tracks and from others. The desert is a new zone for me to adventure in that I'm just learning about.

Foy

Explorer
Playa damage?

Great pics and a great adventure. I just don't get the point of doing doughnuts on such a pristine Playa though.

I'm interested to learn about how doing donuts harms, or does not harm, the playa surface. Something in excess of 50,000 people and thousands of vehicles are concentrated on the playa annually at Burning Man. Car manufacturers regularly film commercials including high speed "cutting up" on that very same surface. Seems as though the impact of a few donuts would pale by comparison to other uses, and the other uses must not have a seriously bad impact, otherwise the BLM wouldn't allow them.

Foy

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
I didn't say it harmed it, I said I didn't get the point in it. Like I didn't get the point of someone stomping all around the sliding rock playa here after it rained and mucking it up. I am just more of a pass by where others have, travel where you only leave your mark on the road. Just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior