Firestone destination M/T opinions?

CumminAlong

Observer
Hey guys, been researching tires quite a bit for my Cummins, looking to get some 315/75R16 10 ply mud terrains. I have looked at pretty much everything I could find (BFG, Cooper, ******** Cepek, Nitto, Goodyear, Hankook, Michelin, Procomp etc etc). It seems like I can't really find anything bad about the Firestones, and that they last a REALLY long time. I know there was a thread on here (which I can't find now?) that said someone reached 50k on a set of these on a newer Tundra. I had a set of these on an 02 Cummins in the 285/75R16 size, which seemed to last a long time and had very pleasant onroad manners. Anyone have a bad experience with these? I have never been a fan of Firestone tires but I just can't find anything not to like. Anyone have real-world experience with these (especially on a fullsize truck)? Maybe you've got a different tire to recommend? I've had a heck of a time finding these in the size I want...

Thanks everyone!
Ian

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The guys in the shop next to us at work swear by them for their fleet of 2nd gen Dodges. They work the trucks HARD and only offroad. (We are in the ski industry and they do pipeline work all over the mountains in nasty volcanic rock). The trucks are loaded heavy and the tires take tons of abuse.

My other suggestion is the Toyo MT. Also a fantastic tire, and my new favorite MT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94