110 seat swap?

overlander

Expedition Leader
Next week I'm going to be cutting up my 60/ bench from my NAS 110 middle row, because I want to have 2 individual seats I can put a fridge between. Prior to doing that, I thought I might throw out if anyone with the older euro style 3 individual seats might want to do some trading, as any middle row seats 60/40 or ind style are hard and expensive to source. Anybody out there with the individual seats wishing they had a 60/40? I have moreland cloth.

seat style I'm looking for are illustrated in attached picture.

revor

Explorer
I'd have to think that they would be easy to come by in the UK, for cheap.. Call Jimmy P, he's going over in the next month to load some goodies.. I am probably in trouble now... Series 109s had the three seats as well, and have they changed since 1958? Nope...

gjackson

FRGS
I'm pretty sure that Nathan from Pangaea has a set. They used to be mine. See if you can get hold of him; it can be pretty hard to do.

cheers

revor

Explorer
gjackson said:
I'm pretty sure that Nathan from Pangaea has a set. They used to be mine. See if you can get hold of him; it can be pretty hard to do.

cheers

They very well could be in my storage unit, they are as a matter of fact..

overlander

Expedition Leader
well, you both have my attention now. Maybe I shouldn't rush to "chop" yet.

Keith, so is that set with Nathan his or yours? Is it Mooreland cloth?

I see those seat sets all the time on ebay, and I can pick the entire set up for under $50, but nobody over there will ship, and I can't wait until the next family vacation to the UK.

revor

Explorer
I'll have a look Mark.. All I can remember at this point was going over there for X Mas decorations and Karen asking "what's this little seat from and where did it come from?"
I guess if possetion is 9/10 of the law they are mine:rolleyes: but I shoudl find out what Nathan is thinking and let him reap the rewards.

On another note I have a seating problem as well, the 5'8" 160 pound, under 12 year old that lives with me has a leg room problem in the back seat, i suspect it is only going to get worse and we can't send him off to military school just yet! Sure I could put him in the front, but then the 5'6" Woman that lives with me will have a leg room problem. She's not going anywhere (at least that's what she says) so I must keep her happy.
What if any ideas has anyone seen or thunk up about leg room and comfort in the second row seating in a 110?

Finding a suitable solution will free up another set of 33/33/33 seats!

gjackson

FRGS
They very well could be in my storage unit, they are as a matter of fact..

Keith, I think one, maybe two are in your storage unit, but I remember moving one when we helped Nathan move into his new place. Couldn't say for sure what the cloth style is, it's been a long time since they were in my garage . . .

cheers

gjackson

FRGS
What if any ideas has anyone seen or thunk up about leg room and comfort in the second row seating in a 110?

We travelled with Krissy, Slade and Vicky in Africa. They were 3 adults in a 110. Slade had pulled the 110 rear seat and replaced it with what may well have been an extra front seat. I've attached pics for some ref. Vicky said it was very comfortable, and she did sit in it for 8 months!!

cheers

revor

Explorer
That is very much what I am thinking.. Kinda like what Clarence did. Now to find a set of Moreland cloth front defender seats. Heated ones I think... well that is what I have been "instructed"

pangaea

Adventurer
gjackson said:

cheers

Ouch, G! That hurts... primarily because it can be a bit true.

I do have some down in my basement somewhere. Drop me a line if you're interested and I'll see if I can dig them up.

One of Pendy's customers has replaced the 110 rear seats with RRC seats, geez, fifteen years ago, for the same "kids have no leg room" issue.

Have you visited with him?

KAA - no rear seats in anything but the D90, and hell, they're sideways!?

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
I have a set of these but I'm across the border in Canada. The first thing I did when I got my truck was pull out two of them and I keep just one rear seat in the truck just in case I need to take a third person.

I actually found this conversation here because I was looking for info on how to fit RRC rear seats in my truck. I have a baby on the way due this month, so I think it's time to put rear seats in that are comfortable enough for an adult to sit back there.

If someone here can help me with good info on whether RRC rear seats in a 110 CSW is an easy conversion, that would make it more likely that three heavily worn second row seats will become available soon ;)

Actually I have the whole set; two front seats, 3 middle ones, and 2 bench rears. I put Saab 9000 seats in the front so those are just kicking around in the shed, waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. The rear bench ones I'll probably keep.

Cool, well this thread has at least finally gotten me around to registering on expeditionportal.com . Hi everybody :)

- Andrew Clarke.

oonimog

Adventurer
Seats

Hi Andrew,
I need a pair of front seats for my 110, if you're interested in selling your old ones.

Thanks,
Pete

overlander

Expedition Leader
AndrewClarke said:
I have a set of these but I'm across the border in Canada. The first thing I did when I got my truck was pull out two of them and I keep just one rear seat in the truck just in case I need to take a third person.

I actually found this conversation here because I was looking for info on how to fit RRC rear seats in my truck. I have a baby on the way due this month, so I think it's time to put rear seats in that are comfortable enough for an adult to sit back there.

If someone here can help me with good info on whether RRC rear seats in a 110 CSW is an easy conversion, that would make it more likely that three heavily worn second row seats will become available soon ;)

Actually I have the whole set; two front seats, 3 middle ones, and 2 bench rears. I put Saab 9000 seats in the front so those are just kicking around in the shed, waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. The rear bench ones I'll probably keep.

Cool, well this thread has at least finally gotten me around to registering on expeditionportal.com . Hi everybody :)

- Andrew Clarke.

Andrew,
Keith (Revor) is looking for front seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier