Dodge Dakota- Family Adventures

XterraOverland

Been a Member for a few months now, Figured I would post up my build in progress.
This Isn't a Hard core off road wheeler. Nor will it be. I use this as my DD, For Camping, and to explore the back woods,dirt roads, shut down roads of maine.

Brought it Home Dec.27 2012 100% Stock besides a Head Unit
dakotaw.png

I Installed L.E.D Lighting in All the interior lights.

Then I bought a Cap for winter to keep Stuff out of the bed

Got bored with the Silver, So I bought some Plasti-Dip to do my rims and trim (In case I didn't like them blacked out I could remove it easily)

Then, Summer was rolling in, It was Time to get Under the truck. A 2" Block Kit and cranking the t-bars 2.5"s. Along with some 33x12.5x15's on 15x10 ION Rims.

Now It was time to Take the cap off For our Bed tent

:drive:

I Still have a long way to go. Some Custom front and rear Bumpers for Up North. Winch Just in case. And A 30" L.E.D Light bar along with a Small L.E.D Light Bar For the rear. Keeping my eye out on a good deal for a 12v Fridge, And 3000 Watt Power Inverter. I Will Also be adding a 2nd Battery to run lights, fridge etc...

It's a Slow build as The Wifes and Kids Needs (wants) Come before my own.

CLynn85

Explorer
Nice Dakota, looks like you've been having some fun with it.

How is it exploring Maine? I'd really like to get off the beaten path up there some time.

baja5337

Observer
Looks awesome! I have a 98 that I would like to build similarly. How many cranks on the torsion keys did you have to do to clear the 33's?

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Yay, another Dakota guy. I love my '95, most comfortable camping platform I've ever had.

Anthony24x

Observer
Soo... Couple questions, where did you get that tent, do the 33's rub in the front, and are you building the bumpers?

XterraOverland

Soo... Couple questions, where did you get that tent, do the 33's rub in the front, and are you building the bumpers?

Sorry never saw your reply until now.

You can buy the tent through Cabella's. The 33's did rub slightly,But I was running 10"Wheels with 12.5" Tires. A 8" Rim and a 10-11.5" Tire should yield no rubbing.(33x10.5 or 285/75/16-33x11) I did some slight trimming. Bethc'a couldn't tell. But thats because Im good at trimming.

I wound up having a 2nd Child. So I Sold the Dakota a few months ago. The Xcab would not fit an Infant seat. With out one of us being to close to the dash if involved in an accident. I miss the truck dearly. I was about 3 hours away from home a couple weeks ago and Saw it pass me. So she's still kicking and running the same set up. I brought this to the North Maine Woods for a week long wheeling trip with out and problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94