Rechargeable Battery Ideas for Ipad/ IPhone etc

kramme

Observer
"We ran a Yeti 400 and were very happy with it....."

Trust it is OK to ask this here.

I have 2 Extreme 350 batteries and have found they do not retain charges very long. I use the batteries mainly to charge my ARB 48 qt fridge. I can't get beyond a weekend without both batteries going dead. I have to always carry my solar panels with me (I have goal zero's boulder 30s - 4 of them). I love the form factor and simplicity for my needs and the charging using the panels are fine as I bring them with me anyway.

What I am wondering is if you or anyone reading this has personally found the Yeti 400 be more reliable in holding a charge to last a weekend with a portable refrigerator without having the need to recharge the battery. I would like to think that the Yeti takes care of an obvious issue (from what I have heard from others) with the previous design thus this new battery model.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I know I'm a little late to the party but FWIW I've been using an iSound Portable Power Max 16000 mAh battery USB recharging unit on several trips both off road and regular corporate travel. It's primarily used to recharge my iPad 2, iPod Touch, & Android smart phone. It's been everywhere on vacation & business trips from Australia to Alaska to South Carolina! LOL. It's been on 6-7 weekend 4x4 trips as well.

I was originally cautious and doubted how long this unit would last me and how rugged it really was. So I did my best to take good care of the battery unit ensuring it was always carried on long trips in a small padded device bag I found for it along with my other electronics (chargers, usb cables, etc.) but for ~8-12 months I also carried it in my backpack/sling bag along with my camera & ipad EVERY DAY!!!

I must say it's worked flawlessly since day 1. Never had an issue with the battery unit although in August on a cruise to Alaska the wall charger finally gave up the ghost. I contacted the support folks at iSound and they immediately sent me a new charger for it no fee, no questions asked.

In terms of capacity, I can fully recharge my ipad 2x off this battery. Luckily I usually don't need to charge my ipad more than that when on trips since I make sure I also use methods to recharge the ipad... (In my rig, I keep the ipad charged fully by plugging into a 2A cigarette USB charger). Cost is a measly $71 via Amazon.

HTH
$(KGrHqNHJDcFHG6VodE0BR5+iyRGoQ~~60_35.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles