12V Solar Pelican Case Power Pack / Generator

lysol

Explorer
I know I haven't posted on this lately. I still need to re-wire the "Arm" toggle switch inside to the positive side of the outside blue On/Off switch. Here is how it has been sitting for the past month:

IMG_3247_zpsb865a8bb.jpg

lysol

Explorer
Maybe this weekend I'll get in there and fix the internal switch. I also don't like the clutter. I ran the wires with the proper lengths so I can secure them. I will run wire wrap where I can too to clean it up.

lysol

Explorer
Just ordered my output "Watts Up" meter. This will tell me how much power I'm draining from the battery. I'm mulling around an idea for mounting a really small on/off switch inside the case and wire it inline with the power wire (the wire in the J-plug that only powers the meters... not the sensing wire) to the meters. This will allow me to turn on/off the meters as well as reset their collected data.

A.K.A. - I would be able to reset the daily collected data at the end of the day by the push of a button without having to turn on/off the entire case. Just a thought.

I'm heading to the beach in a few weeks and want to test this case properly. I'll be ordering the proper plugs for the sockets this week.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
How is this working out?

Im thinking about adding a small lightweight battery to my trailer. Just enough to run some LED area lights at night and charge a phone or something maybe, possibly the fridge. But really want to keep it light.

SwampMonster

Observer
Ok, time for an updated wiring diagram. I might have missed it but did you include a way to charge by 12v, say from the truck in travel?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

lysol

Explorer
Ok, time for an updated wiring diagram. I might have missed it but did you include a way to charge by 12v, say from the truck in travel?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response. I have been working on so many things, the generator has been sitting on a shelf remaining topped off by the battery tender. The wife is gone this weekend and I finally finished my apartment-workbench so I have no excuse but to get some progress on it.

This thing has been great during power outtages here D.C. Really nice to be able to turn on some 12V lights and charge our phones.

To answer your question swampmonster, I wasn't planning on charging this via the vehicles electrical system. Problem is, the vehicles electrical system puts out too many amps for this little battery. I would have to install a dedicated 12V DC - DC battery charger in the Jeep just for this. It charges so fast off solar and the battery tender that I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94