Does anyone know about ARK Portable battery boxes and where to buy them

Baoser

Observer

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
http://www.atbatt.com/trojan-scs225-12v-deep-cycle-battery-superior-cycling-series.asp

Theres the purchase link...for the 130aH one, which is what I was going to go towards.

I feel like it might be a little too big for the case... =(

It's about 1/3" longer than a group 31 which might be OK (there is some slop in the case). The problem is likely to be the height. This battery looks to be a full 1/2" taller than a group 31. Those posts look taller than average also. Unless you can source it locally and bring the Arkpak with you to test fit, I don't think it's worth the risk. All the electronics in the Arkpak sit above the battery, so it's not like you can safely do any creative cutting to force the fit.

AML

Adventurer
Ark pak

Ok I am joining a few of you. I placed my order a couple days ago.

I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet but rather just an email with a link to their forum.

I tried to call their number but just got a recording. (The site says they are open unto 4:00pm)

Any idea how long it takes to get it once ordered? I ordered the battery several hours later online and I already have it (I got the cart before the horse).

Looking forward to it to run a small dometic coolfreeze.

Thanks

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK

Baoser

Observer
Hi Baoser I have had a look at the specs of the battery in your link and this battery is too big to fit into the Ark Pak the dimensions you have for a battery inside the Ark Pak are 180mm wide x 330mm long x 238mm high the battery in your link is bigger then this.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Ahh darn, ok thanks for the info! I will base batteries off of the dimensions listed! Thanks!

AML

Adventurer
Ordered mine on a Friday and it arrived the following Thursday.

Thank you. I finally got a response from a nice cs person.

For some reason their computer didn't register my full address.

So it got shipped but UPS didn't have the full address. I took a screenshot of my order
And it shows the correct address so there is a glitch on their end.

UPS is showing now that it is in the next town over.

Curious to see how long it will take now.

Thanks

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
What is everyone's experience with the float voltage on the Arkpak? Mine usually hovers between 13.1 and 13.2, but I've seen it as high as 13.3 and now is currently sitting at 12.9 which seems too low for an AGM battery. Do you think this will keep the battery in proper shape? For what it's worth, I don't ever discharge the battery below 12.2v (it's a diehard platinum marine 31m).

Float cycle:
0a16bb28009fc15b7cdea737516f6355.jpg

Battery info:
d56861266b774408f3d16c6e174c6731.jpg

Ed B

Adventurer
Same battery as you. Recharging the battery as I type. Battery currently showing showing 13.1v in Float cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KiwiKurt

Explorer
hey guys....n00b on this and starting to do research..found this thread on a search.

Im considering using this arkpak as my dual battery set up to power my fridge because of versatility for other things....is there a way to plug this into the vehicle, so it charges off the alternator while driving, but then not drain the main vehicle battery once it is shut off?

thnx!

Ed B

Adventurer
I do it all the time. ArkPak plugged it vehicles 12 volt plug and fridge into the ArkPak. The vehicle 12 volt isn't live when the ignition is turned off so the ArkPak continues to power the fridge when the ignition is off. I keep the ArkPak topped off with solar panels when camped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior