Bantam T3-C Hybrid Build

drunkenmonke

Thank you all. Arlo, I thought about not using the upper part because life would have much easier starting from new but again its kind of a personal goal to fix this against all odds. I also have always liked the contour of the sides and feel that is what sets these trailers apart from every other trailer out there. I work on this almost every other day so hopefully I can keep everyone interested. The original fenders are not in great shape but that tractor place has pretty much direct replacements that I think I will buy. Yesterday I bought a 4x8 sheet of 14 gauge steel for the floor and tailgate. The original tailgate was made with a street sign(you can still see the yellow and the black arrow) so I will use the 14 gauge for that as well. Still unsure how I want to do lights. I liked what I did with my first trailer pictured above but with a tailgate I am not sure that is the best way. I bought a weld on Bully jack but I'm on the fence with it, not sure I am going to like it because I want a tongue box. Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

drunkenmonke

20130826_193054.jpg20130905_192147.jpg

I took the sides off because I am still undecided over them and welded a new rear brace on the frame. I also welded the circular piece to the frame for the Bully jack that I will be using.

Next I decided to begin the floor. I cut the 14 gauge sheet down to size and began to weld it to the frame. I only got the rear of it finished today because I grinded down the welds perfectly and then painted it.
20130907_114109.jpg20130907_124241.jpg20130907_154920.jpg

drunkenmonke

Sorry that it has been awhile since I posted any new progress. I truly have been working on it every few days. I scrapped the original walls because they were pissing me off. Too far gone to fix and just kept blowing holes through them with my little 110 welder. I decided that this is going to be like the M762 flat bed trailer. I went and bought 32" fenders from that tractor store and welded them on.
20131026_135430.jpg

I wired everything up and tried to go with lights that compliment the age of the trailer. I extended the chains. I herculined the top and both inside and outside of the fenders. It is now ready to use. Next options in my opinion are to buy bigger tires and maybe matching rims for my Jeep JK and to spray the bottom with bed liner. I also want to buy a HF tongue box and have to figure out how I want to mount gas cans and a propane tank.
20131026_164744.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier