The Great Game Expedition - Overland Across Central Asia 2013

BigOAdventures

Big O's Adventures
Hi All,

I finally made it out of Iran and then crossed Turkey on the back of two other trucks to the Greece border. In Greece I had a new gearbox from the UK flown out and installed. While I was waiting I had to return to London to work for two weks before returning to Greece to continue the drive home. The gearbox first went on November 24th and I got back on the road properly on January 26th. Thanks to everybody in Iran, Turkey and Greece for their amazing help.

I was a few weeks later than planned but I managed to make in back to London in one piece. After 9.5 months driving to China and back I've now parked up and taken a well deserved break from driving. 24,000 miles will do that to you.

Here is the blog of my arrival back at the gates of the RGS. http://bigoadventures.com/?p=3352

Jonny

BigOAdventures

Big O's Adventures
Привет! Опишите свое путешествие через Россию. С чем Вы столкнулись тут.

Hi, I was only in Russia for about a week but I had a great time. The people were friendly and welcoming. I really do want to go back for a longer period one day.

BulletHead

Adventurer
Do you find all people in the rural setting friendly and welcoming? I've always experienced that and quite the opposite in most of the urban settings.

BigOAdventures

Big O's Adventures
Great Game Over

Hi Everybody,

I thought I'd better wrap up the adventure and let everybody know I completed the journey o.k.

I had to go straight back to work even before the journey finished so I didn't get the chance to wrap up the trip properly.

In summary I flew back to London to work for two weeks while a replacement gearbox was flown out to Greece to be installed. Once done I flew back out to Greece and spent a week driving back to London to complete the journey on Feb 1st 2014 outside the gates of the Royal Geographical Society.

It was an amazing and eventful adventure.

Thanks to everybody for following.

Jon

IMG_2052 2.jpg

_DSC6999.jpg

Sirocco

Explorer
Good work my friend, I has been great following.

Now,

When are you going to post up clips of these 'speeches' I keep hearing about?

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles