What would you pay for a 2003 Gen III with 60K miles...

racer768

Quick update...the original vehicle i was posting about was sold...this after my $7K offer which I never got a return call about.

But in my never ending quest to finding the right Gen 3 for me, just wondering what you folks would think about an '06 with 165k miles. That's a lot of miles/year, but it does have pretty meticulous service records all from the dealer. Timing belt changed at 60 and 120. I'm not really considering but wanted to hear some opinions. Oh and they are asking almost $13k for it...um no!

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I paid 7k for our one owner, 2001 LTD with 98K miles on it.

Private sale, all the service records since she bought it, so 10k would be a bit high to me.

Then again, there was an 05 LTD at a dealer that started 18,999. By the time I bought mine, it was down to 13,999 and sold for several thousand less than that a few months later.

Demand is low and people don't know what they are selling at a non-Mitsu dealer most of the time.

Whatever you do, make sure you test the 4wd system out completely before you buy.

AutoXSS

Adventurer
Decided to post here to make it easier for people in the future who use the search button......

Recently had a neighbors relative offer me up their gen III, 02 limited 105k, timing belt/water pump, new tires(nothing special goodyears), no rust, no issues, excellent interior, only two little dings that I couldnt see till they pointed them out, 4wheel engages fine, for $7200. Off of this description, does it sound like deal? Might offer $6500 and get it....

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Decided to post here to make it easier for people in the future who use the search button......

Recently had a neighbors relative offer me up their gen III, 02 limited 105k, timing belt/water pump, new tires(nothing special goodyears), no rust, no issues, excellent interior, only two little dings that I couldnt see till they pointed them out, 4wheel engages fine, for $7200. Off of this description, does it sound like deal? Might offer $6500 and get it....

Offer what you can afford to spend, worse case they say no.

AutoXSS

Adventurer
Sorry, the op of this thread found that one along time ago. I just added my search to keep a few of these examples together for future searchers. I usually dont see purchase prices listed on these gen III's on here.

The one I found is in really stellar condition. Hope he takes my offer $6-6500

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Off of this description, does it sound like deal? Might offer $6500 and get it....

That sounds like a great deal to me!
I've had mine for many years now, and with 158k on the clock, it's running like a top.
Just completed the Mojave Road last week, with some fun side trips. These rigs are very stout.

AutoXSS

Adventurer
Found another 02' that might actually be a better deal.

Xls, $5500 obo, 115k, needs timing belt, has newer tires?, sunroof. The owner said he would discount the price of a dealer tune up and timing belt as well as alittle for the need for a good cleaning. Might be able to get it for <$4500

goodkarma

Paid $6,500 yesterday for a 2001 xls limited w 84k miles. YES! 84k miles only, craigslist description was spot on. Single owner driven by a 65+yr old couple who prefers a smaller vehicle. Perfect for a 14 yr old vehicle. Only issue was a maintenance light caused by O2 sensor and antenna motor. Apart from needing new tires, I will invest in having transmission and 4x4 service done soon.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz