Wyoming, Montana and Banff

garrett

Supporting Sponsor
I'm headed tomorrow to Jackson, WY and then traveling north. I'd like to hit up Teton National, parts of Yellowstone up to Whitefish, Glacier National and up to Banff via parts of the Sun Road. Leaving Virginia tomorrow (Friday - 8/23/13) and coming via 70 to 80 (PA, IL, OH, IA, etc). It's going to be a quick drive as we're doing this (including travel time) in 11 days.

I've been to all these areas, but never had the chance to really drive this route. I checked some past threads and got some good information, but wanted to get any "fresh" information.

I'm looking for roads and routes headed north from Jackson that I shouldn't miss.

Traveling in my company (Overland Experts) '09 Hilux, so fuel mileage should be a bit better than my 4Runner. If anyone sees us along the route feel free to buy us a beer!

I'll be checking this thread from the road. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

awesternroad

We just drove through Banff and Jasper (http://awesternroad.com). We loved the Icefields Parkway through the two parks. We would also recommend the drive from Missoula MT to Whitefish, MT, in the Flathead valley area, very picturesque. There's some great off-roading trails across the river from Glacier NP too. Comment on our website for more tips! :)

Wainiha

Explorer
Take some pictures please. I loved Montana when I lived there. Highway to the Sun, Beartrap Canyon, Hyalite Resevior was where I wheeled.

Drove(passenger) from Bozeman to Big Fork. Crossed the Continental Divide. Pretty crazy for an Island Boy.

Whitefish seemed like a ski town - a little richer than the rest.

Have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online